• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Devil Hunter Yoko

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I saw a few scenes of this ova and I thought it looked interesting but I want to know what the general consensus on this was. There are no reviews on it here so I need a few opinions before I start considering this one.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was a neat show. I saw it as a magical girl show for guys. Its not half bad and since you can get the whole OVA show for about 30 bucks its a pretty good deal.
Bosque

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I just love Devil Hunter Yoko, it was one of the first anime i saw... but i can't deffend it as a good-plot-anime or something like that, the story is really cliche, characters are nothing new, animations is nothing from the other world... but i live this, maybe if you see it now after 15 years of animation evolution, you'll see nothing magical in this title.

ps: English is my second language, sorry for the errors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChurchofVirus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Also take note that there is only 6 episodes, the first being borderline hentai. It had potential but not much other than that. I have the series but I wouldn't go out of your way to purchase it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
My friend showed me this one a few years ago, and I saw it on sale for cheap and bought the complete collection recently. It's an okay series and pretty funny sometimes, nothing really special though.
Nani?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
One piece of unconfirmed trivia, I once heard that back in the early 90's some guy named Joss Wheldon saw this and was inspired to do some movie and later a TV series sombodyl named Buffy.

All the Best,

Nani?
aflimmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote
Devil Hunter Yohko was the first "Mature" anime that I saw back in the mid 90's, so it has a special place in my pants...er...heart, so when it came out in a box set release a few months ago, I picked it up for nostalgia's sake. It's not a bad anime, but it's not the best. If you like a little old school anime every now and then, pick it up.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the opinions. I found a place where I can buy all of the episodes for 19.99 so I'll just buy it since it'll be cheap.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
TRIVIA!

Devil Hunter Yohko was ADV's first release ever.

There is no Episode 4 of Devil Hunter Yohko. The series skipped right to Episode 5 after Episode 3, the reason being because the kanji for "four" is the same as the Chinese character for "devil" or "bad luck." However, a music video was produced as filler to fill the gap between the 2 episodes. On the ADV discs, this is called "Devil Hunter Yohko 4Ever."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1