• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I just made this post to talk about bleach. Currently i've taken an interest in it and can't wait to finish the rest of the series. Oh and i'd like to discuss how long people think the series will be. I hope people send their replies soon. Thank You all for reading this post!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quote
anime#4240
It appears to be 45 episodes. I haven't seen it yet. I only watch the american version of things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
well just to let you know the series is already on ep 44 and it won't just end right now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Neclord516

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I think the series will extend up til about the 60s and I just love this series. All the characters are dynamic and the fighting is absolutely a blast to watch. I always find myself wanting just another episode after I finish watching the previous one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
I recently broke down and started it myself as well since I'm a big fan of the manga. It is quite addictive. This being a shonen jump title will probabally run quite a long time. I'm thinking at least Kenshin length. I heard the maga's still going so who knows.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I've seen a couple episodes of it at my friends house i think the first two i dont relaly remember but it seems pretty good he kinda got it umm a way that goes against "teh rules" *whistles and walks away* but yeah its pretty good from what I've seen i wanna see more ^-^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Squisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Bleach is a Superb series that continues to excite me.

However, the sheer number of interesting characters betrays the fact that not all of these characters will be developed in a satisfactory way. Also, since all series outpace the manga and typically end before the manga does expect more filler episodes and a crappy ending.

I'll wager this series will be more than 60 episodes, maybe more than 200.
Gauss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a lot of good stuff about this series. However, I've also heard it gets dragonballsy towards the later episodes. Is it just exaggeration or does it actually become repetitive with all the fighting and powerups?
Darkon187

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Ehh...I have watched all the episodes so far and I think it is a unique anime in it's own right. It has moments where it might seem 'dragonballsy' but, I still think it remains unique.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
I totally agree with darkon, this series is totally unique with some great characters and action unlike dragon ballz. The only thing you can say about it being like dragon ball z is that the characters have to do training to get stronger, but thats done in all action anime.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:29 am Reply with quote
Since the manga series of bleach is still running i predict it will be either rurouni kenshin length or inu yasha length. But as some anime series tend to finish before the manga series is done its hard to tell but i can say for certain that it won't be 60 episodes.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
Bleach does have the power up thing, but not as often as DBZ. It happens like twice i think. But it's alot more focused on the plot than the fights, meaning there isnt episode after episode revolving around one fight. It might happen, but ,again,not often. For me, it's more action/adventure than just all out fighting like dbz or yuyuhakusho.
The manga is way better though, both in art and pacing.[/spoiler]
Darkon187

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:26 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
...focused on the plot than the fights, meaning there isnt episode after episode revolving around one fight.

My point exactly.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I've rarely heard of Bleach, but is it like Shaman King? If so, which one is the copy or replica?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1