• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gankutsuou (TV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:31 am Reply with quote
What do you guys think of it. I am thinking of starting this but I would like to hear some opinions first.
BuffaloStyle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
First of all, it's an animated re-telling of "The Count of Monte Cristo" which is a classic story in it's own right.

That said, the art is different from anything that you have seen so far. (If you're not careful, you could suffer from color overload Very Happy ) As for the music, let's just say the ED song, "You Won't See Me Coming" by Jean-Jacques Burnel just...plain....ROCKS.

I have watched fansubs of this show and I plan on snatching this title up as soon as it hits the streets.

Last edited by BuffaloStyle on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
msi435

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
It's absolutely amazing, just keep watching it. It's in my top 10 with out a doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Lets just say that whoever watches it and does NOT have it in their top 10 seriously needs to reevaluate their taste. So yes, it's an amazing series.
spydrmnky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree. Even if this series weren't based on "The Count of Monte Cristo", which is a story so cool it's really hard to screw up, even with fat, old Gerard Depardieu playing the Count (sorry to any Depardieu fans out there, but he was a terrible Monte Cristo), this would be a great series. The patterns on the clothes made me a little dizzy at first, but once I was over that, I was just blown away over and over again by the artwork. So, yes, watch it, when it's finally out for sale here buy it, support it any way that you can. Rah! Anime hyper
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen it yet, but I was going to pick up the first volume when it comes out in a month or two, because The Count of Monte Cristo is just a great story, glad to see some people liked it.
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
It's a very loose adaptation. The main character in this is Albert, and it takes place in a very futuristic world with rockets, space travel, and hi tech machinery and stuff.
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
It's a very loose adaptation. The main character in this is Albert, and it takes place in a very futuristic world with rockets, space travel, and hi tech machinery and stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1