• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is CN going to stay true to Naruto?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazysaintboi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hey I know this subject has been on everyones mind, is Cartoon Network going to play a unedited show or one thats edited. Meaning are they going to show a Naruto with the blood and the cussing, which in my opinion gives it its class, or an edited kiddy version like zatch Bell? If anyone has heard anything about their plans please feel free to post.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, its going to be an edited version. But I've heard that the edits aren't as bad as, say, Yu-gi-oh or One Piece's. Most blood and cussing will be cut out, but bloody scenes that are important to the story (such as when spoiler[Naruto stabs his hand]) might still be left in. Sexy no Jutsu won't be cut either.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Dranxis wrote:
Well, its going to be an edited version. But I've heard that the edits aren't as bad as, say, Yu-gi-oh or One Piece's. Most blood and cussing will be cut out, but bloody scenes that are important to the story (such as when spoiler[Naruto stabs his hand]) might still be left in. Sexy no Jutsu won't be cut either.

Yeah, right. You are wrong about everything. ALL bloody scenes will be cut, and everyone working on Naruto has already stated that we will NOT see Sexy no Jutsu.

FYI, it's not CN who stays true to the original, it's the dubbing studio, in this case being Studiopolis. From what I've heard, it's no 4Kids hackjob.

Also, VIZ will be releasing both edited AND uncut DVDs, so you don't need to worry about anything.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah, right. You are wrong about everything. ALL bloody scenes will be cut, and everyone working on Naruto has already stated that we will NOT see Sexy no Jutsu.

Really? Huh, well the information I heard about this was a really early on, so I'm not surprised its changed. It was probably an optimistic rumor.
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
my bad, double posted Embarassed

Last edited by Onmyoji on Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
If they take out the Sexy no Jutsu, that will cut out some major scenes in the first few episodes.
Staying true to Naruto will be hard when it airs on T.V. only because some of the major parts of character development spoiler[(like when Naruto stabs his hand)] will be cut out. Lets face it, some of the most important scenes to the plot and to character development will be cut, and this will change the series a lot.
So sadly to say, this is why so many people will continue to get Naruto off torrent sites and such.

But with any luck if the show gets really popular they will show the uncut episode on T.V. like they are doing with DBZ, with the blood and minor cussing intact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nionel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Sexy no Jutsu is easy to edit anyway, all they have to do is add a digital bikini, like they did in Tenchi Muyo back when that aired on Toonami, and boom, the technique is more kid friendly, not that it's all that bad to begin with...
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Did not think about that. All well then maybe it won't be as horrible as I thought, but it still is gonna be pretty bad I gather.
milcor1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
crazysaintboi wrote:
Hey I know this subject has been on everyones mind, is Cartoon Network going to play a unedited show or one thats edited. Meaning are they going to show a Naruto with the blood and the cussing, which in my opinion gives it its class, or an edited kiddy version like zatch Bell? If anyone has heard anything about their plans please feel free to post.

Because blood and cussing does in no way make Naruto a kiddy show Rolling Eyes.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I am personally optimistic about CN's version of Naruto. With such a huge fanbase, I don't really think it'll end up like One Piece. From what I've heard about the fansubs, Naruto seems to be very popular with many older anime fans. Gundam SEED and Naruto aren't really, really, really kiddie shows, and SEED's edit turned out fine. Zatch Bell was made for e younger age group I'm guessing from the latest episode on CN, so that's why it's rather horrible. I'm judging this from the excessive amount of crying in that episode. Gundam SEED also had a pretty good dub, so I'm speculating that we won't get any Shaman King/ One Piece scenarios.

Last edited by .Sy on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
As a really huge fan, I would watch Naruto on CN no matter how bad it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
First of all, basically no cursing in the show at all, worst is 'crap' from what i remember, and very little blood through the show.
It's a shame that people think fansubs are the authoritative version of a show.

Ones who feel edits to these minor aspects of the show will drastically change it, you're kidding yourself. The 'key character development' scenes that I think everyone is refering to will still be shown, probally going to end up with 1 or two seconds of frame of bloody hand will be cut short. Any other similar scenes will be the same, scene shown but only very brief glimpses of blood.
shako

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
its not like the sexy no jetsu really shows anything they have clouds anyways im probly just ganna keep watching sub anyways
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gundam SEED and Naruto aren't really kiddie shows, and SEED's edit turned out fine.

Are you kidding? The SEED edits were pretty horrid. Obviously the sex scene was removed, but aside from that about half the 9 mills in the show (although for some reason not all) ended up covered in neon highlights or something, even though they clearly fired bullets. They could have left it unedited, they could even have tastefully edited it, insteade they went right off the diving board into "crazy edits" land.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Naruto is airing after Toonami and before Adult Swim, so there'll be less edits in the time slot that it will be in than if it were in Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12