• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lupin's trendy in Italy?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I recently came back from a 2 week study abroad program in Florence, Italy, and while I was there, something instantly drew my attention. Nearly every guy in Italy owns a Lupin shirt. I am still baffled.. there were all kinds of shirts with Lupin characters on them (including one with Lupin and his bearded friend .. having sex on it.. don't ask me), and I saw them being sold as well. Does anyone know about this? Any of the resident Europeans? Is Lupin randomly a big trend there? [/list]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
The Lupin ML gets a number of European and Latin American fans. It's cus the show actually got broadcast there long before Adult Swim. (Although in France, he's apparently known as Edgar the Detective...)
totalgeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Arsene Lupin was the main character of a very popular French series of novels. He was invented long before the anime series that bears his name. There have been several live action movies in Europe about the character, the most recent of which can be found here at IMDB.

Check the message board at the bottom of the page for more details on the film and the novels.
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:46 am Reply with quote
Yes, yes, but I'm still wondering if there's some fashion-person or something behind the huge Lupin shirt fad...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:00 pm Reply with quote
It's probably just a really popular t-shirt. one of my friends from italy also owns a Lupin shirt. I was crazy surprised to see it cause I had heard of Lupin but never saw it before. This was before AS got to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1