• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you like most about anime movies???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to know what attracts you guys most to anime? What sparks your interest?
AnimeLord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
the suspense, these hollywood moives are so predictable
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Usually it's the exact same sort of thing I like in an American movie, animated or non-animated; I just want something fun and enjoyable with likeable characters.

Then again, over half the anime films in my DVD collection are series-based, as I'm much more of a series fan than I am a movie fan when it comes to anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I like the short and sweet concept. The entire plot isnt expanded over 10000000 episodes Laughing . I can watch it in one sitting.

Most of the time the funding is greater (or the same but all the money would be spent on a "very long episode"), thus the animation is good (most of the time).

Some times I like to see characters develop faster than characters in a series like Inuyasha (took 'em like 80 episodes to finaly spoiler[cry] Rolling Eyes ).

Also, you can buy the movie on one dvd and you dont have to buy expensive box sets Anime dazed
NeeKz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote
There are too few movies being made, I guess since series are more profitable but I dont like it when the series is beating a dead horse like Inuyasha.
I like to be able to watch anime with some1 and not try to sit them down for a whole series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1