• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thinpack Berserk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6888175&type=product&id=1388953 Is that the thinpack?
I'm trying to find Berserk and that's what I found at Best Buy. Is that a good deal? Theres another Berserk Complete Collection for alot more money. So what one should I get?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
The product you linked to is referred to as a "brick" box set, where a single case has multiple pages of other cases all hooked together for each of them to hold a DVD (like a lot of Bandai's titles).

The complete box set is an actual cardboard artbox that holds six individual DVD cases and is much bigger than the brick set.

A thinpack set is like a complete box set and includes a cardboard box, only with super slim DVD cases, making the entire thing take up less space (like a lot of ADV's more recent releases).

The only real difference between the complete box and brick collection of Berserk is the price, the space it takes up, and the artwork on the box.

Here is the lowest price I've found for the brick set.

And here is a link for the collection with artbox.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
It's some sort of multidisc case that's only an inch or so wide. The more expensive one is an actual boxset, I believe.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
If I had known it existed, I'd probably have waited two years before buying the individual discs...Oh well, at least it helped the manga get a release here...
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to get the Brick one because it well save me alot of money. So do you guys think it's better to get the brick version?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I think it's better to get whatever's cheaper, unless it's from ADV, where the thinpacks don't have the extras. (Unless the extras suck to begin with...)
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I think it's better to get whatever's cheaper, unless it's from ADV, where the thinpacks don't have the extras. (Unless the extras suck to begin with...)

The FMP thin pack collection has extras!?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1