• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outlaw Star

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I was looking at outlaw star anime#423 And in the english cast it has two voice actors for Melfina. When did her voice change in the series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it did.
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I guess I have to watch the episodes again. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Most likely a different person for the singing parts or it's just a mistake. A lot of anime VAs like to use aliases as they work for different companies this could be a mistake related to that somehow.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Emily Brown is the one listed on the Outlaw Star DVD. They never show what character the English actor/actress voiced, but Emily Brown voices Melfina. From other anime I've seen (Love Hina, Tsukikage Ran), Emily Brown and Ruby Marlowe are one in the same. Also, I saw that Emily Brown is listed in the Encyclopedia as doing the voice of Stella in Cowboy Bebop's "Waltz for Venus". I listened to her voice and it's Ruby Marlowe.

A lot of the English cast use different names in different projects. I would like to know why that is. I thought it may be due to union rules of some sort, but I'm not sure.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
A lot of the English cast use different names in different projects. I would like to know why that is. I thought it may be due to union rules of some sort, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, union rules is one, they do non union work under assumed names. Another reason that I've just recently heard about is to deter stalkers, mostly women actors would be doing this.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I just checked the credits and Emily Brown’s name appears in every episode except Gathering for the Space Race. Ruby Marlowe’s name appears in Gathering for the Space Race, Advanced Guard From an Alien World and Final Countdown. . Ruby Marlowe’s real name is Bridget Hoffman and according to ANN person#1091 and the Internet Movie Data Base http://www.us.imdb.com/name/nm0033977/ Emily Brown is not one of her alias.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I would have to double check, but I think that the case might be that one person did her normal voice acting, and the other provided her singing voice.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
I just checked the credits and Emily Brown’s name appears in every episode except Gathering for the Space Race. Ruby Marlowe’s name appears in Gathering for the Space Race, Advanced Guard From an Alien World and Final Countdown. .

Of course, OLS was released back when Bandai didn't provide the most accurate English VA credits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1