• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Newest Pokémon Game Info to Be Revealed in Corocoro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Remakes of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald PLEASE!!!
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
I really hope you can play it on normal DS so I don't have to buy a 3DS. I totally would though!
And yeah, I would love a remake of Emerald too! It is one of my favorite generations, but a lot of people overlooked it because they were in high school but not yet college where Pokemon would be generally accepted by everyone around you as cool again.

Whatever it is, my reaction will be to give Nintendo more money. Oh wait, it could also be the third in the trio, they haven't yet announced that yet and you know it's coming. It always is.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
Please let it be something along those lines (a remake or even a next generation for that matter (though i'm doubting the second one)...)

And not something else entirely. Like one of those Mystery Dungeon things or that Ranger thing.

Quote:
Oh wait, it could also be the third in the trio, they haven't yet announced that yet and you know it's coming. It always is.

Damn Laughing , I can not believe that didn't even cross my mind Anime smile + sweatdrop . 'Cause you'r right, there's always a third one.
I feel a tad ashamed Anime cry .

Weeeelp, I guess we pretty much know what it is...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
Next movie is about Kyurem and that's also the third Legendary.

Seems a little obvious.

Though given the pace of the anime (63 episodes in and Satoshi already has 5 out of the 8 badges already) a next generation wouldn't be too unrealistic.. they seem to breezing through Best Wishes. For comparison's sake, by episode 63 of Diamond and Pearl Satoshi only had 2 badges.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
Pokemon Gray? Please let it be a Black/White combination or a remake... I'm tired of trying to catch them all, only to have a new game shoved in my face...
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
How about a RPG Pokemon Game like Colosseum or Anime hyper (both from GameCube)? Wii need one (see what I did there?).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, we need a Wii console game more than we need a Gray. Revolution was just a super watered down Pokemon Stadium, but an actual Pokemon Stadium 3 would be very much appreciated. Maybe a game that combines Stadium with an adventure game like Colosseum, though my dream game would be a console RPG like the handhelds (perhaps with SSB fighting mechanics for battles).

Ha, maybe it's a Pokemon Snap 2. It makes sense with the Wii mechanics. Although it probably makes more sense for the Wii U because of how the controller works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote
Expect this to be Pokemon Grey, for the original DS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I could use a R/S/E Remake right now ._.
TeenyDratini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'm looking forward to a new Mystery Dungeon game. I adore the Mystery Dungeon games.
I'd also love an R/S/E remake, but it seems a bit too early for that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I personally doubt that it will be a R/S/E remake. Why? They're not needed. In Generation III, there was no way to get a number of Pokemon, because they didn't exist other than in Gen I/II. Likewise, there were still Pokemon missing in Generation IV. However, between Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver, every Pokemon from Generations I-IV are available. Additionally, by using a DS, DSlite, or DSi, you can transfer any Pokemon from R/S/E/FR/LG into Generation IV. While Black and White do not allow transferring directly from Generation III, you can easily transfer from III to IV, and then from IV to V, making every Pokemon available, provided one has access to two systems.

Additionally, while I have not played Generation III, I have heard many people say that it is considered, in both the US and Japan, the weakest Generation, increasing the odds that they won't be remade, at least not in Generation V.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
RSE REMAKE PLZKTHX
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the weakest Generation

How does one define weakest? Because the last time I checked, Gen 3 was the most revolutionary to the way we now play Pokemon. Gen 3 brought abilities AND natures to the table, two mechanics that have shaped every Pokemon battle since their inception. Not to mention it forever changed simply hatching Pokemon with cool move to actual, full-blown breeding. Oh, and lets not forget double battles, shall we? That's kind of a big deal.

Did have the best Pokemon? No. Did it have the most complicated battles? No. Did it have the best villains/story? I'd say yes, but others are free to disagree. Are R/S/E my favorite games? No.

Did it forever change Pokemon and how we play it? Absolutely yes.

So if revolutionizing what was then a game franchise that was becoming stale in terms of gameplay makes you the weakest gen, I would love to know what it takes to be the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:
the weakest Generation

How does one define weakest?

I think one of the running jokes about the generation is how abundant Tentacools were on the water routes.
newave999

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:42 am Reply with quote
not expecting this. but i really hope they integrate the t.c.g. with the 3ds. Maybe with the ar cards and a friend connect mode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2