• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Confirms U.S. Release of Fate/Zero BD Boxes

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, we're still talking about this? C'mon people, this is the internet, for crying out loud. There's plenty more to rage about. The buyers will buy, the haters will hate, and the rest could care less. If you haven't picked your side by now, what have you been doing for the last 21 pages?
BOMHAT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
Buy the Japanese ver on amazon.jp for 300. First time I've seen the import ver more expensive o.o I was planning to buy the Japanese import anyways so im not really raging. but I dont really get why I have to pay 76 more for translation. its rather unpleasant
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote
If you think you can get it from amazon.jp for $300, your math needs a lot of work.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
If you think you can get it from amazon.jp for $300, your math needs a lot of work.

Yen 27,676 gives US$356.40 at www.oanda.com at today's interbank rates, US$367.48 at credit card rates, before shipping.

Of course, the price bounces around with the rate ~ it would have been $375 at one point in October.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:

Mirri wrote:
I looked Fushigi Yuugi's licensor after I wrote that sentence, by the way. I could tell by the pricing that it was a Geneon title, hah!

Are you sure that it wasn't a Pioneer release? ;p

Pioneer is Geneon. Geneon is Pioneer. Pioneer changed their name.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote
I'll be buying this. It's all I'll be buying for the month of March because of the price. One of my very few purchases for spring '12. I love all of the staff behind this work (ufotable, Urobuchi Gen, Kajiura Yuki, etc) and would like to ensure that more shows like this are produced. I know that my money will be put to good use. Those are the reasons for my purchase.

I'm not rich...far from, actually. I'll be working hard over the next couple weeks to put money aside for this. Please don't think ill thoughts toward the people that are buying this. We are all fans of the medium and wish for it to flourish in every market. Less hate. More understanding.

Thank you.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Please don't think ill thoughts toward the people that are buying this. We are all fans of the medium and wish for it to flourish in every market. Less hate. More understanding.

There can be no understanding when one side firmly believes in the myth that the existence of this release is what's keeping them from having a priced down, $39.99 release next year.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, someone seriously made death threats over this?

I don't like Aniplex's strategy but not enough to do that. Good god.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Please don't think ill thoughts toward the people that are buying this. We are all fans of the medium and wish for it to flourish in every market. Less hate. More understanding.

There can be no understanding when one side firmly believes in the myth that the existence of this release is what's keeping them from having a priced down, $39.99 release next year.

This has nothing to do with the ultra fans that are buying this. More power to you. If it was my ultra favorite show, I might even buy it too.

This has everything to do with Aniplex. No one can say 'firmly' one way or the other. We all have to wait to see if the shoe drops for KnK or not, as a sign post for Fate/Zero. I don't think anyone is expecting a $39.99 release, but hopefully the same as PMMM.

PMMM is getting released quite early, under a year. If Fate/Zero does get released it may be three years, as some of you have said. There still is no date for a KnK release or written official word that it is even going to be released.
GenesisOPX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I'll be buying this. It's all I'll be buying for the month of March because of the price. One of my very few purchases for spring '12. I love all of the staff behind this work (ufotable, Urobuchi Gen, Kajiura Yuki, etc) and would like to ensure that more shows like this are produced. I know that my money will be put to good use. Those are the reasons for my purchase.

I'm not rich...far from, actually. I'll be working hard over the next couple weeks to put money aside for this. Please don't think ill thoughts toward the people that are buying this. We are all fans of the medium and wish for it to flourish in every market. Less hate. More understanding.

Thank you.

Agree 100%

After reading all 22 pages of discussion on this topic, I felt the need to create an account and throw my two cents in here.

I've never imported a show before in my life. I own several TV shows as of now, but the most I've ever payed for a series alone is $230, and that was spread out over multiple releases. I buy what I can, when I can, but usually it's only anime that revolves in my top 10 that get a spot on my shelf. Everything else, I either buy eventually, stream when I want to watch it, or go to "that place" and save it to my PS3. The last option is more or less a last resort for shows that I want, but either can't afford, or can't get copies of. I'm not saying it's okay, nor will I try to justify it, but it's a consumer model that works for me when I need it ('Twisted Evil'). For me though, this is one of those shows I want to own. I have a means to save for it, so I'm going to buy it, pre ordered on RightStuff.com a last week. I feel like this release, as with anything else that's a collectors edition, is aimed at those who would be willing to "pay the price" for that product. If you can justify and/or afford this price tag, you're the demographic they were probably aiming for. Is it fair to those who can justify it, but can't afford it? No. That sucks, and I'm sorry for those of you who are in that category. Maybe they'll release a cheaper version on down the line, but only time will tell with that one. Bottom line is, all the hate and b!tc*ing needs to stop, and patience needs to be had.

On a side note, I would've gotten that Kara no Kyoukai box set if I had the money when it came out, that show/package presentation is beautiful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 22 of 22