• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Plus - OVA Collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Who else besides me got the mis-labelled 1st volume? Manga for some odd reason labelled volume 1 of Macross Plus as "Macross - Movie Edition" and the main menu has "play movie" but everything else is normal.

Oh, and the release information on every website (this one, TRSI as well) incorrectly says that this release contains 5.1 Japanese audio - it still only has stereo Japanese. I sold my original 2 volumes all because it said that it had 5.1 Japanese Audio. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by kusanagi-sama on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Good thing I didn't buy that set. From the moment I saw it at Best Buy, I knew it wasn't worth buying the same DVDs I got six years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
I saw it at the local video/music shop and it was labeled "Macross Plus Vol 1" or something to that effect. It had just the first 2 OVAs, so I was going to wait a bit longer. Maybe just a few of them got slipped in the movie area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:44 am Reply with quote
The case itself for volume 1 is correctly labelled Parts 1&2, the disc is what is labelled as Macross Movie edition
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha. Yeah my friend also bought it and his volume 2 is mislabeled also. He was so pissed since he thought it was wrong but when we tried it sure enough it worked. I am assuming then that this happened on all of them, good job Manga.

By the way how did you like the extra feature with the dont do drugs comercial with KISS and three different versions of the trailers for there shows. Good thing they only have a couple licenses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1