• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FFVII: AC - 100 Days and Counting....

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

And yes, this is Square-Enix's North American Website.
Dragononi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Been waiting a while for this movie. Should be good though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:04 am Reply with quote
I use to like the game a lot, but all the hype over the years has made me a little less of a fan. I'm still anxious to see this film, regardless.

I really like the music and some of the characters enough, that I don't totally hate the game to this day. But yeah, it's overrated now, in my opinion (VI and Tactics are my favorites).
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:13 am Reply with quote
Brought the game on the day it was release and love the game when it was out and love it now. Fond memories of Cloud, Sephiorth, Aeris (or Aerith) and the rest of the crew. It will forever be the best RPG for me.The music in this game is incredible. I can't wait for Advent Children.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The trailer was interesting enough...I like the anime hair. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Hm.. for some reason, I feel like trying to replay the game this summer. Maybe that'd be a good thing in that it'll refresh my memory prior to viewing the OAV or maybe even revitalizing what fervor I use to have when I first played it. Though to help cut time, I think I'll use a Game Shark... (only for money Anime catgrin).
msi435

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I think it's either going to be really good, or really bad; no in-between.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it, and it is my favorite FF title to date. Eight was okay, but the summon reliance got tiresome, while nine kind of sunk I think ten was a step in the right direction and I enjoyed that one. I think the depth of the characters and their stories is what makes FF what it is.

As for the movie, it's going to be difficult for them. No matter how good it is, when you have a huge fanbase that's been anticipating something for this long that's based on a title that people already have set in their mind how things should be and sound it's not going to be easy to please those fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
msi435 wrote:
I think it's either going to be really good, or really bad; no in-between.
I think so too. It'll either be fairly good or really cheesy.
Kiba548

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
It seems like forever but I can wait it out. Each time I watch the Trailers I wanna see it more and more. I've been a fan of the game for almost 6 years now and it looks like us final fantasy fans are getting a good enough movie to watch.
totalgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I use to like the game a lot, but all the hype over the years has made me a little less of a fan. I'm still anxious to see this film, regardless.

I really like the music and some of the characters enough, that I don't totally hate the game to this day. But yeah, it's overrated now, in my opinion (VI and Tactics are my favorites).

Sorry to hear you think it's overrated. Actually, I think the game HAS to be classified as one of the greatest video games of all time (not THE greatest, but one of). FF7 was the ONLY video game I have ever played that actually made me cry (during the death of Aeris scene). And I've known other people who admitted to crying at that scene, as well. Any video game that can actually move someone to tears deserves recognition, as far as I'm concerned.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
And I've known other people who admitted to crying at that scene, as well. Any video game that can actually move someone to tears deserves recognition, as far as I'm concerned.

I was moved to tears becasue I spent 4 hours leveling her up, only to have her die. Not to come off as the macho man type, but I kind of saw it coming. Need the less, I agree with Tony, after all these years, having a movie is cool, but it's like having the "Been there, done that.", a 6 year old shirt. I have atleast 4 or 5 of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Klampo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quote
Ehhhh dont recall care anymore. Maybe if this came out 5-6 years ago I would. Rather have an Ultima movie
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong I think FF7 is trully a masterpiece but it is nowhere near the beauty that is FFVI (or FFIII in america). Final fantasy VI is probably the best game ever develop for a system to date. This game set the bar on what it is to make an upper echelon RPG. Not only does this game feature a cast of characters that are all very well developed, (With exception to really Umaro) nearly all of these characters could be the MAIN hero in a Final Fantasy game. Also this game took a chance with a female lead which was next to near unheard of at the time. This game is groundbreaking with unique combat system that made the gamers trully wanted to master every piece of the game. The best part of this game without of doubt is the MUSIC, FFVI has the best music ever to appear in a video game. And this was all done on the SNES, which had very little potential for music, and yet there is this amazing score of love, death, life, and hope. Anyways I am excited to see this FFVII and here to hoping that it's nothing like Spirited Within.

P.S. FFVI would make an awesome anime, Kefka, Shadow, Locke, Edgar, and Sabin, Perfect cast. Also Terra and MOOGLE!
!!

P.S.S Final Fantasy VIII very underrated by the way.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
I will say square rules for releising it world wide on the same dates (well tecnhially the same date due to time zones)
Probly to preampt piracy since well come on its a FF7 based movie.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3