• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mechademia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but I thought I'd put it here since the Anime forum is kinda the general discussion area. I went to the mechademia (previously mentioned in the Year in Review 2004 article here - last paragraph) website today and was pleased to see that it's up and running. I, for one, am greatly looking forward to some serious academic discussion of anime and manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Hmm, they've got some big names on board, people should really take notice, this is far more than just a college newspaper. It's too bad the first annual issue is over a year away.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I know what you mean. A lot of intellectuals are aboard this thing and I always look forward to reading anything from Dr. Napier, Brian Ruh or Marc Hairston. The delay is on the publisher's side of things, as I understand it. There's a call for papers on the website, though, so maybe they're still looking for more writing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1