• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Appleseed Special Collector's Edition DVD extras

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonnyboy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me...or is anyone else feel that the extras on disc 2 of the Appleseed 2 disc set are a little weak?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen them, I looked over what came on it and determined it wasn't worth it so I bought the standard DVD. Seems to me in both the world of anime, and domestic titles, second or extra discs seem generally weak these days as far as content goes.

Seems like they could easily fit everything onto 1 disc but instead throw the special features on a second so they can advertize that second disc to entice more people to pick it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
sonnyboy wrote:
Is it just me...or is anyone else feel that the extras on disc 2 of the Appleseed 2 disc set are a little weak?

As far as mainstream DVD releases go, I agree that the extras are just average. But as far as anime DVD releases go, there are far more than I would normally expect. So I have nothing to complain about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
As far as mainstream DVD releases go, I agree that the extras are just average. But as far as anime DVD releases go, there are far more than I would normally expect. So I have nothing to complain about.

I agree with you on this Cloe, Appleseed is pretty good for anime standard, but compare to your typical hollywood movie it does feel a little weak. But then again anime does not have the luxuary of having all this extra footage laying around like hollywood movies generally do. Not only that most hollywood movies now a day have three to four cameras following the starts of the films for the DVD releases. The music video was pretty cool thou, I really enjoy that song.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I suppose, yes, anime's tend to lack in special features. Also, I have only seen a synopsis of the contents of the special edition and haven't seen the features themselves. Suppose I can't really knock an anime that's putting out special editions, I just hate it when any movie/show puts one out months after I already bought the one before it, I hope anime doesn't start doing that to me too :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
What do you expect? I thought the mini documentary was good although it would be nice if they would have another. The "Dive For You" music video really sucked. They could have at least had the band play in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
The second disc is like one big advertisement for the soundtrack if you ask me. Not that's entirely a bad thing as it's good stuff but still...it's kind of annoying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1