• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
cartoon network

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaoi gurl00
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Ok i have to admitt i'm pissed off at cartoon network(well toonami and adult swim).I mean i love the new shows they have like samuria champloo and all but the took off my other good shows like yu yuy haksho and r-kenshin!!.Acouple of days ago i called the management and said how upset my friends and i were and you would think they would be nice and all but they said well were sorry thats not our fault so goodbye.WDF IS THAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!.does anyone know who i feel? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ovalshine

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Who you want to feel is your business. I don't wanna get involved in any of that stuff.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Whoops, wrong topic... Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Ovalshine wrote:
Who you want to feel is your business. I don't wanna get involved in any of that stuff.

ROFL!!! Laughing
Seriously, though, Yaoi "Gurl", YYH and RK have been playing on that station for at least 2-3 years. Don't you think it's time for some new shows? Also, both of those are available on DVD, so you can watch them again and again on your schedule. And as any good RK fan will tell you, the Cartoon Network version isn't even worth watching.
Asuka

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Cartoon Network lost the TV rights to Rurouni Kenshin, and I'm fairly sure they also lost the rights to YYH. There is nothing that can be done about that shy of forking over more money to the companies with the licenses, and given they've played out both series over the last few years, it really wouldn't make sense to reobtain the TV rights to things that would be almost entirely reruns when they don't even have a weekday action block anymore. Additionally, they're both out on DVD, so if they're that important to you, you can get them that way.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:08 am Reply with quote
Shibahime wrote:
Cartoon Network lost the TV rights to Rurouni Kenshin, and I'm fairly sure they also lost the rights to YYH.

No on both. We *thought* they lost the rights to Kenshin, but they surprised us by bringing it back to Toonami only a few months ago. However they weren't very well received by fans so they fulled it from the schedule again. It was probably a last ditch effort to see if it would be worth renewing, It's likely this time they'll actually let it expire.

YYH on the other hand they do still have the rights to, they're simply waiting for the right time to show the new episodes.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quote
yaoi gurl00 wrote:
Ok i have to admitt i'm pissed off at cartoon network(well toonami and adult swim).I mean i love the new shows they have like samuria champloo and all but the took off my other good shows like yu yuy haksho and r-kenshin!!.Acouple of days ago i called the management and said how upset my friends and i were and you would think they would be nice and all but they said well were sorry thats not our fault so goodbye.WDF IS THAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!.does anyone know who i feel? Shocked

Seeing the fangirlish way you type and your flagrant disregard for the English language, if I was working at Time Warner and got your phonecall, I wouldn't even give you the time of day or even transfer you to the switchboard. Besides knowing that calling up someone and complaining about scheduling (which the person on the phone can't control), being a fan"gurl" about it certainly doesn't help.

So your favorite shows aren't on CN anymore. Get over it. Buy the DVDs, for chrissakes. Then you can watch it as much as you want.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:07 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Seeing the fangirlish way you type and your flagrant disregard for the English language, if I was working at Time Warner and got your phonecall, I wouldn't even give you the time of day or even transfer you to the switchboard.

Sure, I'll transfer you right over... *click*... oops, did I hit release instead? Well, at least she's not on my phone anymore. Next call... oh wait, I gotta tell my friend next to me about this twit I was just talking to...

***just as a disclaimer, I don't intentionally hang up on anybody at my job like that... the rest is fairly true about a call center environment though. If you are a decent intelligent caller/customer however, you are unlikely to be made fun of. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yaoi gurl00
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
ok i no i have said this already read the other post about cartoon network and that will explain it..ok.and "bruce lee" do u have a problem wiht my name?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Um, what? That was painful to read

Anyways, shows come and shows go, you should be happy that they lasted as long as they did as many shows don't even last half that time.

I'd say about now to write them a letter as your next step, but that'd be a cruel joke really so I won't.
yaoi gurl00
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
-.-...i have nothing to say.....lol.Well i got over it i went out and bought the japanses dvd's.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
yaoi gurl00 wrote:
...and "bruce lee" do u have a problem wiht my name?

I have no problem wiht your name. I thought I gave you a perfectly fine explanation. To tell you the truth, I actually thought this was a joke. It just seemed too perfect that you'd refer to yourself as a "gurl" and then have horrible english. Do you know who i feel?
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Better Question: Why are there two topics called "cartoon network"? Question
yaoi gurl00
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
im not sure lol...lag time i think
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Better Question: Why are there two topics called "cartoon network"? Question

It was a double post. If a mod could merge the two topics and remove the duplicate posts that would be great.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2