• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Episodes of R.O.D. - the TV-

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitaldawg

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that new episodes of R.O.D. -the TV- premiere next week on G4.

I think they start on next Monday (the 23rd) at 10pm (in Cali, 1am for all you East Coast fans)

Just wanted to let you know! I can't wait, this series is awesome!

Here's the link if you want more info : g4tv.com/animeunleashed

Later!
Oniishin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, thanks for the info I was about to think I'd have to get the DVDs to see the whole thing, though I'm planning on getting them sometime anyway.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I wish I had G4TechTV. I believe they've played more anime than [Adult Swim] this past year.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Damn, I wish I had G4TechTV. I believe they've played more anime than [Adult Swim] this past year.

Where'd you hear that? Whether you mean 2004 or 2005, Adult Swim's managed to pull out more than G4. G4 gets...what, half of about three different shows a year? And the other half the next year? Adult Swim tends to get about two or three (or sometimes more) full series, or at least 26-someodd episodes of longer ones (which is twice what G4 gets of any given series at a time), plus movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Eh, you're right. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop It's just that the last time I was at Best Buy, they put out quite a few titles that had "As seen on Tech TV" or something to that effect on the DVD cases. Now that I think of it though, Adult Swim really did air a whole slew of new shows not including movies. I counted at least seven.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
it's about time they finished that damn series.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
.Sy wrote:

Where'd you hear that? Whether you mean 2004 or 2005, Adult Swim's managed to pull out more than G4. G4 gets...what, half of about three different shows a year? And the other half the next year? Adult Swim tends to get about two or three (or sometimes more) full series, or at least 26-someodd episodes of longer ones (which is twice what G4 gets of any given series at a time), plus movies.

Actually, I've been lead to believe the same mainly since G4 has a better schedule than AS... I mean, the anime on AS airs like REALLY late...

but yeah, when you stack it all up, AS has more shows

oh yeah, DANG I'm gonna be in VEGAS with no cable, and I won't be able to catch the new episodes *LAME*
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...G4 has a better schedule than AS... I mean, the anime on AS airs like REALLY late
That's true, it is late, but I still prefer [as]'s anime schedule. They have only one commercial break for each episode, where as G4 has a commercial every three or four minutes Mad!!! So instead of one break in the show like it's made for, there are four or five! It's a lame attempt to keep me watching commercials instead of doing something useful with my time like making tea, grabbing some snacks, or using the restroom (among other things). As mentioned by others, they also have way more anime. G4 has two time slots for anime, and they play one show at a time. In fact, the only thing G4 has going for it is that they air them 2 episodes at a time. Where as [as] has anywhere from 2 time slots (which are different shows) to their whole line-up. And of course...
Quote:
it's about time they finished that damn series.
I was surprised they even finished Last Exile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
well, yeah, but my brain is decieving me into thinking that G4 has more shows since I'm not dead tired Razz

I should use my damn VCR Confused
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
well, yeah, but my brain is decieving me into thinking that G4 has more shows since I'm not dead tired... I should use my damn VCR
Sometimes I fall asleep and wake up mad at myself for missing it. I should get a VCR, it would make things much easier on me.

The R.O.D. schedule is as fallows:
-5/23 (Mon.)
10pm/1am Bonjour Tristesse (20)
10:30pm/1:30am D.O.D. Dream Or Die (21)
-5/24 (Tues.)
10pm/1am Seize (22)
10:30pm/1:30am Lie to Me (23)
-5/25 (Wed.)
10pm/1am You Know Me (24)
10:30pm/1:30am Not a Big Problem (25)
-5/26 (Thurs.)
10pm/1am From There On (26)
http://www.g4tv.com/animeunleashed/schedule/index.html

To save anyone who hasn't already looked the trouble Cool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:13 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
The R.O.D. schedule is as fallows: *Snip to save room.*To save anyone who hasn't already looked the trouble Cool.

Dang, that's small handful. If must be hot from Geneon. But still, it was only a couple weeks ago since they air some new ones, but only about 3 weeks later they have some more. I guess they could wait to put it out there. Atleast new that ROD TV is done, they can find 2 or 3 more series to put on there. *Preys for Vandread and Nadisco.*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
They have only one commercial break for each episode, where as G4 has a commercial every three or four minutes Mad !!!

G4 also occasionally speeds up the audio (and sometimes even the video, I think) footage for the episode to cram both it and the commercials into the half-hour spot. It's very disorienting, especially when they do it during musical spots, because they don't just do it consistently, but in random bursts. Sudden tempo shifts where they SHOULDN'T BE screw with your head royally if you pick up on it well enough. Yeah, thanks G4, I can't watch Anime Unleashed because it CAUSES ME MILD SPOTS OF VERTIGO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
I was surprised they even finished Last Exile.
They seem to have a tendency to not finish a 26 episode series in one go (I think). The last time I tried to borrow a tape from a friend when G4 aired Gungrave, he complained to me how G4 would alternate series and it'd taken 'em forever to finish one.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
G4 also occasionally speeds up the audio...
I've noticed that too, quite annoying *shakes fist*! Plus G4 cuts out the entire outro/ending, where as [as] only shortens it.

Quote:
They seem to have a tendency to not finish a 26 episode series in one go...
Yeah, and they replay the episodes they have over and over. I've seen the first 11 epsiodes of R.O.D. so many times, I don't think I even want to spend the money to purchase the first two DVDs anymore Sad.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
Quote:
G4 also occasionally speeds up the audio...
I've noticed that too, quite annoying *shakes fist*! Plus G4 cuts out the entire outro/ending, where as [as] only shortens it.
G4 has played the openings of their series before with Lain, Gungrave, and Slient Mobius. They play about three seconds of the ending songs though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2