• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin the lost arc known only as Jinchu!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Ok everyone,... I heard rumors of the Jinchu arc supposed to been have way through Animation... but the show was cancel before it was finnished?... is this true? I've seen some pictures of Enishi done in the Original style of the show but I thought it was just Fan pics... So ... really the only thing dealing with the the jinchu arc were the OVAs... but if any one knows anything about it tell me...
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Ok everyone,... I heard rumors of the Jinchu arc supposed to been have way through Animation... but the show was cancel before it was finnished?... is this true? I've seen some pictures of Enishi done in the Original style of the show but I thought it was just Fan pics... So ... really the only thing dealing with the the jinchu arc were the OVAs... but if any one knows anything about it tell me...

Honestly, I have no idea what you have written. I am assuming you are wondering if the jinchu arc was stopped short because you have seen pictures on the internet of kenshi drawn as if he had been apart of the origional jinchu arc? I'm not positive but I think that all you saw were fan pics. Jinchu was done the way it was supposed to be, but then again, I'm not sure Anime smile + sweatdrop
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The Jinchu arc was never really animated (if you ask me). The last OVA which covers very little of it is out there, but given how it was done... bleh.

It's not been animated, it's not likely to be animated. If you want your Jinchu fix... read the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
The Jinchu arc was never really animated (if you ask me). The last OVA which covers very little of it is out there, but given how it was done... bleh.

It's not been animated, it's not likely to be animated. If you want your Jinchu fix... read the manga.

M-a-n-g-a you say? what is that?
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
the Jinchuu arc is manga-only and will remain that way. Reflections does a very poor sumarization of it (although, that was not really the intent).

Oh and the Junchuu arc is slightly better than the renowned Kyoto arc. Read it!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:14 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:

Yes, reducing ten volumes worth of material into a volume & a half, royally screwing up the final duel by making it some anti-climactic "behind closed doors affair" (spoiler[having all of Kenshin's friends & rivals there to witness his final fight lent a lot of weight to it, I felt, while the OVA just had Kenshin, Enishi, & Kaoru all on their lonesome]), simultaneously spoiling & omitting one of the single biggest plot twists in the entire story arc, and following in the rest of Reflections/Seishouhen in contradicting the very basics of the main characters' development and depicting Kenshin as a weak & spineless ball of angst. I'd have to say that I agree that the Jinchuu Arc's only animated appearance wasn't quite what it should've been. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:22 am Reply with quote
It's Debateable wrote:
the Jinchuu arc is manga-only and will remain that way. Reflections does a very poor sumarization of it (although, that was not really the intent).

Oh and the Junchuu arc is slightly better than the renowned Kyoto arc. Read it!

That's what I heard it. The Junchuu arc is suppose to be the best arc of the series, so I can't wait to check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1