• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Talk[Spoilers]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Since I am a huge Naruto fan, and I have noticed countless others with the same opinion, I want to start a thread to discuss whats happening in the anime now. I know a lot of people read the manga and so they already know what is going to happen later on. Since this is in the anime thread dont ruin what happens later by talking about what happen in the story later on. I just want to discuss the anime. I will and suggest others use spoilers to block out what happens, so if someone is not caught up. I am interested in what other people think of the episodes up till now. Thanks.

spoiler[I have not seen the episode they played last week, the hour special, in which they concluded the fight between Gaara and Kimmaro. I will probably see within the next 24 hours, I am sure it does not dissapoint. This current story arc has been so good, and I think it needed it after that horrible race story arc, that was just filler. Who didn't see Sasuke doing this? This reminds me so much of DBZ when Vegeta purposely becomes Majin Vegeta to close the gap of Goku's natural talent. I also enjoyed every fight so far. Especially Chouji, who I thought was a horrible character (I mean until this last fight, he really didn't do anything except lose). The kunai tire treads technique he uses was just great. Rock Lee drunken fighting was very good and hilarious also. Also the re-introduction of the trio froom the sand, Gaara, Temari, and Kankoro was unexpected. The two puppet technique Kankoro used, was probably my favorite that I have seen, but I am sure Gaara will beat this Kimmaro and how he will do it will probably be awesome. Sure Naruto drags out its fights, but it is sooooo worth the wait. I have enjoyed every episode so far. Current intro is pretty good too, I dont know if anybody else noticed but they have been updating the intro, for example adding the trio from the sand in the opening. The ending........ not so good, but of course this is my opinion]
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I am also a crazy-huge fan of Naruto, although more of the manga than the anime series. However, both are number one on my list! Cool

About the current stuff:
spoiler[The whole "chasing Sasuke" mission is, of course, one of the better parts of the series. I was so excited to learn that the sand trio, my favorites (mostly Gaara), returned! I like their new clothes and updated weapons (mainly Kankuro's new puppet Black Ant), and the fact that they're on the Leaf's side now. Even though I like Gaara better than Kimimaro, I have to say that I didn't want him to die... (Might I mention that Gaara was not the cause for his death.)]

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, double post. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kamiboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I personally really enjoyed the chemistry between Shikimaru and Temari. And of course I was glad to see Sabaku no Gaara back, even though he is no longer in his delightful crazy murderer mode. And as always, since I am a Jackie Chan fan, I loved the Drunken style fighting. I just wish the anime version wouldn’t drag so much compared to the manga version. ]

Last edited by kamiboy on Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I hate the chase Sasuke arc. I hated it in the manga, and I hate it in the anime. It is just so prolonged and pointless. Sure spoiler[finding about Sasuke's past is great,] but the "catch up and and fight as we go a long" is getting stale. Thank goodness it is almost over.

I can't wait till the anime starts on the new arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the current story arc is great, I haven't watched since "the licencing" though, but that's alright 'cause I've read all of the manga...

Anyway, seeing where the manga is right now, I'm expecting to see another short filler arc in between the end of the Sound Four arc and the current manga story arc
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I have really hated the last 25 or so episodes. Ever since spoiler[Tsunade became Hokage]I have just been bored with the series. All the fighting that happened while chasing after Sasuke's barrel got old..and repetitive. spoiler[The return of Lee was slightly amusing, as was the return of the sand Ninja's].

All in all though, I'm bored with the series right now, and I second the fact that the closing theme right now sucks. I guess I saw spoiler[Sasuke's betrayal]coming a long time ago, I just hope that the anime starts to pick a little bit now.

~LoneWolf
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying the current arc, although I think the Chunnin Exam was slightly better. Sure, this arc is a bit drawn out, but otherwise they'd run out of manga and the series would be in "Hunter X Hunter hell", or even worse, "Flame of Recca" hell.

When Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 came out there was a lot of speculation as to whether the Sound 5 or the supdated "supers" from this arc would make it into the game (which they didn't). I really hope that Gekitaisen 4 comes out soon with the updated moves and stuff though, it should be a blast.

Oh, and about the intro, they CONSTANTLY updated this intro over the course of the arc (adding the Sand 3, adding Lee and Guy when Lee got better, adding Kimimaru, adding Sound 4 secondary forms, etc.) Basically any time something major happens in the story the opening is updated slightly. They did this with the last opening too (adding Tsunade once she fully appeared, adding Rasengan at some point, etc.) It's kinda cool and actually rewards you for at the very least skimming through the opening.

BTW, for those of you who do read the manga (no spoilers), how much do you bet they'll have a solid chunk of extra filler after this arc? Wink
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I think there is going to a a really bad filler after this. A long one too. Which is going to stink, because their filler with spoiler[Aoi as a villain] was real bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
BTW, for those of you who do read the manga (no spoilers), how much do you bet they'll have a solid chunk of extra filler after this arc? Wink

I never know what to expect....
I wouldn't have ever thought they'd add spoiler[a race with completely new characters who do not even exist in the manga]. But, I guess we could expect one soon. Smile
silverwings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Filler? Why not focus on some of the other Rookie 9 + Gai's Team on various missions? That would be filler, but it would be GOOD filler (we need more Shino. Laughing ).
Kourin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
silverwings wrote:
Filler? Why not focus on some of the other Rookie 9 + Gai's Team on various missions? That would be filler, but it would be GOOD filler (we need more Shino. Laughing ).

I second that notion. We need to see some more of Shino <<;; .

I also agree with what Ohoni is saying about them probably having a huge chunk of fillers after this ark. Especially with spoiler[Naruto going off to train with Jiraiya, and Sakura training with Tsunade]. But I am very muchly looking forward to spoiler[Kakashi Gaiden. The ark with Obito and Kakashi is one of my all time favorites].
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Interesting enough theres different opinions about this story arc, maybe the point of the whole story arc is weak, but the fighting is just spectacular and is worth the wait even though they drag it out.

Shino is awesome and he is needed, I was hoping he would be one of them on the team, but apparently, "he's on a mission with his Dad", at least they didn't leave us hanging on where he was, I also like how Naruto asked for him, acknowledging he is one of the sweet ninjas.

I hope the Naruto 4 game does include all the recent people. Including the one sound ninja who won in the chuunin exam, but foolishly attacked Gaara and that was the end of him, and the shark looking guy (can't remember his name) that was with Itachi.
naeblis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:47 am Reply with quote
I really liked this arc simply for the fights. On the other hand, the plot of this arc also progresses the story very well and sets things up for later.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Well I HOPE it would be good filler, but that seems unlikely.

It'd be cool if it was like the new movie, just short, interesting, action packed missions featuring popular characters.

Quote:

I hope the Naruto 4 game does include all the recent people. Including the one sound ninja who won in the chuunin exam, but foolishly attacked Gaara and that was the end of him, and the shark looking guy (can't remember his name) that was with Itachi.

This was discussed quite a bit on the Gamefaqs board for Naruto 3, but the "sound 3" ninjas will almost certainly never be in the game. This is because, while they have a cult following in the US, in Japan they are consistantly no-shows on the Shonen Jump "most popular characters" polls. The Japanese don't like them, and the game makers don't care what we think. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5