• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicken733

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote
Berserk is, in my opinion, the greatest anime i have ever seen, better than Mononokee, Better than Ninja scroll, It just plainly kicks ass. I was wondering if anyone new if they were going to continue the series or saga, or if their are any kick@SS anime slike this one.
Everytime i go to bestbuy or anywhere to pick up a new anime i am constantly let down, it alomst always sucks, i just picked up "Sorcerer on the rocks" what a waste of 30 bux, the plot, charactor develpoment all sucked, If anyonne could reccomend any awesome anime, like midevil style- then please help me out.
Thanks
Oh and if anyone saw arc the lad collection feel free to tell me about that- i read the description and it seems like a fantasy star 4 type of deal, ( the best rpg for sega)
philg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:03 am Reply with quote
Well Berserk is a series Ninja Scroll ( I Assum you mean the movie) is a movie and Princess Mononoke is a movie too, so it is hard to compare them.... unless they are the only anime you've seen which, I guess, is understandable. Berserk really did kick-ass! I loved it and never wanted it to end (except at the end because I really din't like it). And if you liked it so much you should read the manga? I haven't even seen it in shops so i can't really say much about that. And I watched Hellsing and Berserk at the same time so they remind me of each other so to me they seem alike so I recomend you should watch the series called Hellsing because I loved it more than Berserk!
TF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote
1) why did you need to make 2 topics?
2) as far as i know, there are no plans to make another season of Berserk.
There were plans but they just got stopped for reasons unknown.
So if you wanna follow Berserk, i think it is best to buy the manga
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was already decided that Berserk was in pre-production limbo, probably never to return, so that the quick answer is, "No, no more Berserk anime; pick up the manga.**"

Since I've not kept up with it well, I don't know if the manga's still running or not; my inclination is that it is.

**The manga's worse, in terms of graphic content, than the anime, just for your own caution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kamiboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:29 am Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
so that the quick answer is, "No, no more Berserk anime; pick up the manga."

Yeah..... people keep saying that but what they really mean is not "pick up the manga", rather they mean download the scanlations. Why? Because the English manga releases have not yet reached the eclipse. In fact it will be a while before they do so. So unless you know Japanese and pick up the originals you are sh*t out of luck as far as closure to that part of the story is concerned.

Long story short, if you like your anime to include some kind of ending then stay away from the Berserk. The dvd's should come with a sticker.
msi435

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
I loved Record of Louduss war, it takes palce in a mid evilesk setting. I have seen berserk and think you willl enjoy ROLW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Xyne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah Berserk rules, have the whole series and yeah I got the manga on cd. Btw yes the manga is still going, it's on either volume 28 or 29 don't know exactly which Anime smile*.

Oh and yes Arc the Lad is pretty good, I have the collection, definatly worth it, and it actually has an end heh.
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
Looking for good anime? have you not looked around lately. There are tons of stuff

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Trigun
Record of the Lodoss war
Last Exile
Crono Cursade
Cowboy Bebop
Samauri Shamploo
Ark The Lad
Bubble Gum Crisis
Neon Genisis Evangelion
Appleseed
Ghost in the Shell SAC

It is really hard to finde medievil Anime, But give some of thease a try.
space clam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
what they really mean is not "pick up the manga", rather they mean download the scanlations. Why? Because the English manga releases have not yet reached the eclipse.

True, but the manga itself is not identical to the anime, so you could always find some new points of interest in the series. But as you said, if you only want to know what happened post-eclipse, then the scanlations are what you'll want, unless you are capable of reading Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Neclord516

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Well since no one has answered you about Arc the Lad, I guess I will. I liked it quite a bit the anime is mostly focused on story and character development more than anything else so don't go into it expecting tons of action because you won't find it. I suggest getting the anime if you are more about story than action since the story was pretty interesting especially to someone who played the games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mjs348

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I actually kind of envy you--you are just about to start reading the manga. Of course, most of what's been covered so far is covered in the anime, but there's a lot that wasn't.
It will, of course, be a loooong time before the US-published books get to the Eclipse, but at least you're not like me, already having waited between the few volumes released so far.
Start buying one a week, and by the time you're done, Volume 7 will be out. My understanding is that the mangas start departing from/surpassing the timeline of the anime around Volume 10.

--M
mjs348

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Just testing to see if my avatar is working.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:31 am Reply with quote
Try GunGrave. Anime starters seem to like it very much. And check out Gantz.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1