• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brick/Insert Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krelyan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new to the anime purchasing scene. Just wondering if Complete Collection bricks (eg: Crest/Banner of the Stars, Berserk, Record of Lodoss War) came with the inserts. If anyone had any information it'd be appreciated.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to say, different companies have different policies. They usually come with some kind of insert, but not all the inserts for each individual disc that was released singely. In the case of Crest of the Stars it has one explaining some of the tech terms used. Others come with a brief listing of the episodes and what disc they can be found on.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
The ones I have came with the following:

- The Steel Angel Kurumi Complete Collection has a mini-comic sampler of the manga and a two-page front-to-back insert listing all 40 episodes on the 7 DVDs included.

- The second release of the Record of Lodoss War OVA Collection (with the gold "Special Edition" banner) comes with a bonus mini-comic of the manga.

- The Angel Links Complete Collection only has one back-to-front insert with all the episodes listed on what DVD.

- The Sorcerer Hunters Complete Collection only has one back-to-front insert with all the episodes listed on what DVD.

The above are the only "bricks" I've collected.

Many of the collections I have in boxset form, though, normally do include all of the off-the-shelf inserts (especially when they are just the off-the-shelf versions stuffed in a box, like my Magic Knight Rayearth Second Season Memorial Box, which had every one of the DVDs shrink-wrapped individually and each one had a copy of the same exact Media Blaster Sampler inside Confused ).
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote
I bought the "Please Teacher" brick that didn't contain an insert. I'm wondering if that is a mistake if anyone knows anything about it. One time, I bought the "Fruits Basket" box set at "Best Buy" and when I opened the individually wrapped dvds, the first three dvd cases were missing the inserts. Luckily, I was able to exchange the box set for another one that had everything intact.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1