• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hayate X Blade - I really want to see more

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I recently bought the first omnibus of Hayate X Blade and loved it. I'm looking into buying the second, but Seven Seas has said that due to the publisher change to Shuiesha in Japan that the rights are in a sticky situation. Can I hope for more to get picked up? I heard the second omnibus ends on a cliffhanger and I do not want to be left hanging. Sad
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 pm Reply with quote
If it's gone to Shueisha, then Viz might pick it up if it's popular enough. Don't count on it though.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I recently bought the first omnibus of Hayate X Blade and loved it.(

I really enjoyed it too, which surprised me since it doesn't fit any of my typical tastes, but bought it after being enthused by Erica Friedman's raving over it, I raced through the first omnibus, then got the second as quickly as a I could. It was just so much fun to read that I don't feel any need to supply a more sophisticated rationale.

ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I'm looking into buying the second, but Seven Seas has said that due to the publisher change to Shuiesha in Japan that the rights are in a sticky situation. Can I hope for more to get picked up?
(Which you, in retrospect and closer examination, probably already knew about - a small world ours is.)

I have no idea of the prospects for further English releases. The most recent thing that approaches an official statement is, "It's not in the cards for right now..." from Adam Arnold in this post.

ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I heard the second omnibus ends on a cliffhanger and I do not want to be left hanging. Sad

It does, but I don't regret being left wondering. The trip to that frustrated anticipation was worth it. Besides, buying more is a way to provide encouragement for more to some day be licensed.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
If it's gone to Shueisha, then Viz might pick it up if it's popular enough. Don't count on it though.

I would rather not have Viz pick it up, because they would then decide it doesn't do well and drop it or release volumes every 6 months like with Hayate The Combat Butler.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1