• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
R.O.D. TV LE

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Now, Geneon is releasing another box for R.O.D. TV with the 7th and final volume...In my opinion it looks some-what nice, but what was the purpose if they already released a brick box? I have yet to buy either but what are your opinions on the matter, is the box w/ vol 7 (and a toy) or the brick a better buy?[/img]
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
The "brick" (it's actually a case that resembles a book) is the better buy because the case is designed to hold all 7 volumes of R.O.D., plus an extra space for another DVD. (I suggest using it for the R.O.D. OVA; that way, you can have the entire collection in one shelf space-saving package.). It also has a nice two-sided pencil board of Anita and Michelle. I haven't seen the case for the 7th volume so my comments are a bit biased; but since I own the case that came with Vol. 1, go with that.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
what was the purpose if they already released a brick box?

For the people that don't like bricks and didn't buy the LE the first time around.
They can get your money from both directions this way. *evil laugh*
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:16 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
Perfectsword wrote:
what was the purpose if they already released a brick box?

For the people that don't like bricks and didn't buy the LE the first time around.

Good thing that I've been patient. When I saw the 'brick' for the first time, a big question appeared in my mind: what am I going to do with those cases once I take out the DVD and put them in the 'brick'? Keep the empty cases on my shelf is rather silly (what is the space-saving purpose of the 'brick' anyway?), but even if I use the case for other purposes, what should I do with box arts? Of course I wouldn't discard them, but saving them separately in a different place is kind of wierd too. Rolling Eyes

I'd say the final product of the complete R.O.D the TV will be something like LastEXILE: a big paper box with 7 DVDs plus an action figure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
nakeday

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
It also has a nice two-sided pencil board of Anita and Michelle.

Is it just me or are these pencil boards just a bit too "provocative" I just bought volumne four and the board it came with had that little girl from the show,i think her name is Hisa, in a very sexual position. I dunno, does anybody else think thery're pushin it a little far?
Jamesleedx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote
[/quote]Is it just me or are these pencil boards just a bit too "provocative" I just bought volumne four and the board it came with had that little girl from the show,i think her name is Hisa, in a very sexual position. I dunno, does anybody else think thery're pushin it a little far?[quote]

If you thought the picture of Hisa-Chan was bad, you should see the pencil board from Volume 5, featuring a very suggestively nude Junior (Drawn in a very shojo/shonen-ai style)
Innotech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:33 am Reply with quote
nakeday wrote:
biliano wrote:
It also has a nice two-sided pencil board of Anita and Michelle.

Is it just me or are these pencil boards just a bit too "provocative" I just bought volumne four and the board it came with had that little girl from the show,i think her name is Hisa, in a very sexual position. I dunno, does anybody else think thery're pushin it a little far?

you obviously haven't seen shows like Rizelmine have you? lol.
biliano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
(what is the space-saving purpose of the 'brick' anyway?),

In my place, my bookshelf can hold 14 DVD cases per section. The case (I'll say it again - it's suppose to resemble a book, not a brick) is designed to hold 8 DVDs. So that way, I can add 7 extra DVDs on my shelf instead of keeping the discs in the original cases, and with my shelf crammed with anime, I could use the extra storage. (The same is true for the Stellvia tin box) I use the extra cases as spares for my other DVD cases just in case I break one of them, or when I save my screencaps on my discs, I use the extra cases as storage next to my PC.

On my shelf, the section that has the R.O.D. case contains the following DVDs:

All Purpose Cutural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku OVA (1)
Vol. 1-4 of Nuku Nuku TV (4)
Vol. 1-2 of Nurse Witch Komugi (2)
Vol. 1-2 of Pretear (2)
The R.O.D. case (8)
The Stellvia tin box (8)

So in a 14-case section, I can hold 25 discs. To me, that's very efficient.

nakeday wrote:
Is it just me or are these pencil boards just a bit too "provocative"

I know what you mean - the board of Nenene was rather "disturbing". I never thought fanservice could look that ugly. Wink
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I tried to put up the picture but it didn't work so, you can see it here

I personnaly dont see the point of the brick and wish to get the box but i dont even have the other dvds Anime smile + sweatdrop Its one of those things I plan on getteing but just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I think I should just buy the box and then start buying the dvds. (Althogh I haven't seen the end of it.)
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:29 am Reply with quote
I agree with dormcat. I already purchased five of the seven DVDs, so buying the "book case" at this point would mean wasting all these other boxes.

Also, where in the "book case" would you put all of the inserts and pencilboards that come with the DVDs? Confused

Big boxes always make more sense if you're holding a collection. I have a number of boxes, and they really are of good quality. I'm sure this one will be, too.

Plus, you get an action figure with the box. With the book, you only get a copy of the first DVD and that's it (and what's the point of that if you already have it anyway?)

(At this point, I'm more curious as to which one is getting the action figure treatment? My money is on Anita. Smile )
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, that sucks, I've already got the LE Volume 1 that looks like a book though, plus the other 4 volumes of the series released so far. I guess I'll be sticking with that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1