• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whats your line up

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if any of you guys have specific nights when you watch certain shows. For me it's Friday nights starting at 9:30 with Gundam Seed,followed by 2 episodes of INU which was previously WHR. I watch these on Friday. On Saturday nights I mix it up with Monster(really good) Naruto(starting to grow on me) and Samurai Champloo)I wish this series wasn't near the end. Crying or Very sad )
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
Basically, the only anime I ever watch on TV anymore is Saturday nights at 10:30 (central) for Fullmetal Alchemist on Adult Swim. I believe you're in Canada so it's probably a bit different.

I'd like to watch Gundam SEED, but ever since Cartoon Network switched the time slot, I stopped watching it for some reason. I would prefer it on DVD anyway since the quality is much better and I won't have to suffer through [exaggeration]15 gazillion[/exaggeration] commercial breaks like they use to do during the old time slot.

I'd like to watch GitS: SAC as well, but I don't really care for the dub and would rather listen to it in Japanese DTS anyway Razz.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quote
Well right now I watch Fullmetal Alchemist on Saturday nights or on thursday depending if I go out on Saturday.
I go to school all Monday and Wednesday and part of Friday, and then I work weekends so basically I watch anime tuesday and thursday.
Tuesday for me recently has been .Hack//Sign since I just bought the complete special edition not to long ago. Anyone else here buy a show in complete form without seeing more then one or two eps?
Thursday is normally when I watch Monster if there has been a new release of it yet, I am completely addicted to this show and I am hoping that this show can get license and get the same VA casting like Hellsing was given.
If nothing news is on thursday I will try to catch up in Twelve Kingdoms, Gundam SEED, GITS:SAC, Kaze no Yojimbo, or normally I poke around my favorite site trying to get new info or find good deals on Ebay.
What has helped me is that I purchased a Portable Media Center last November, and it really helps me to watch a movie or TV inbetween classes in College since Monday and Wednesday I have a couple of long breaks. This is also helpful since it is also my version of an Ipod, and stores pictures on the harddrive.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I'd like to watch Gundam SEED, but ever since Cartoon Network switched the time slot, I stopped watching it for some reason. I would prefer it on DVD anyway since the quality is much better and I won't have to suffer through [exaggeration]15 gazillion[/exaggeration] commercial breaks like they use to do during the old time slot.

Hater Wink

It's funny, though. I soft of like the 1am timeslot, but I liked it better with the TOONAMI presentation (the "now-back-to" commercials, the ending song not dubbed-over). I mean the minute it hits 1:01 the show just starts with no intro at all.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Saturday Morning: Beyblade, Shaman King
Saturday Night: Rave Master, Zatch Bell, Fullmetal Alcemist, GITS:SAC

Friday Night: Gundam Seed (although I always manage to fall asleep during it).

Thats about it and I tape most of it anyway. I tape One Piece too but I think I'm giving up on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
My line up has changed and grown over time. Currently, it's Saturday nights starting at 11:00pm
11:00pm -Berserk
11:30pm Full Metal Alchemist
12:00am-Ghost in the Shell
12:30am-Samurai Champloo
1:00am- Martian Successor Nadesico
1:30am- Peacemaker/Samurai Deeper Kyo(depending on which one i have new eps of)
kk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
My line up is mainly Gundam Seed, and Inuyasha on Fridays. I also watched Witch Hunter Robin until it ended.
On Saturdays, I watch Mew Mew Power(so early Sad ), Pokemon, One Piece, Patlabor and sometimes Shaman King.
On Sundays, I watch Legend of the Condor Hero. I think that's about it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:14 am Reply with quote
On Fiiday I watch Gundam SEED, and that's about it too bad there only like 4 episodes left. On Saturday I watch FMA and Stand Alone Complex on CN. On Sunday I go to my colleges's anime club and hang out for 4 whole hours with them watching stuff. Right now we're making out way through Legend of the Condor Hero, which is pretty good, and Grenadier...which doesn't really have that much going for it yet other than a pretty girl kicking butt.
Zatch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Saturday:
Zatch Bell
Dragonball GT
Fullmetal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Klampo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:09 am Reply with quote
I usually watch anime 3-4am on DVD before I go to bed. 2-3 eps. Dont watch it on TV at all.
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:26 am Reply with quote
I don't watch anime on TV. Not anymore, not for the last couple of years.

They never had that many anime on TV anyway. I just watch about 4 hours every single day (unless I'm really out of steam), and I try to finish one title before I start on another.

Sometimes I can't help it if my wife decides to watch something in the living room, using the DVD player so I'm stuck with using the PC which can only play VCDs.

Right now, it's WHR on the PC (up till episode 18) and Betterman on the TV/DVD (up till episode 10). I've got others which I've watched halfway (mainly because I lost interest) but I'll get back to them.... eventually....
msi435

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quote
Ya I don't watch anime on TV anymore either. Back in the day I would religiously watch DBZ and Gundam Wing on toonami then after that I just watched DVD's. I tried to watch some of the shows on adult swim but then I would miss an episode or something and then I couldn't watch it anymore. I got this thing, if I don't see every episode in chronological order I can't watch it! Generally I watch a few episodes of the particular series I'm watching every night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I work nights so it isn't too often that I get to watch anime on TV. Usually the only anime I watch is FMA, and GITS:SAC on thursdays and that is it. Besides that I just watch DVDs whenever and watch some anime on the computer when I have time. It comes down to me watching my anime really early like 8AM, or really late like 4AM.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
I try to watch from Monday to Friday Kochikame (TV; 14:00). And, whenever I can, I watch Shaman King (TV; 00:25)

Yeah, I know. Not too much. There aren't many other good choices u.u
Clumsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
On Fridays I watch DBGT, DBZ, Gundam Seed and Inuyasha. That's about it...for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2