• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Banner of the Star 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anime girl05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
Hi could you please tell me when Banner of the Star 3 will be release on dvd ? thank you
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6035

A TV broadcast date for Japan hasn't even been announced yet.

Anod no North American license has even been announced yet.

It'll be at least 2006 before its released here.
Acolyte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote
I just bought all three of The Seikai Trilogy anime, so the thought of a fourth saga joining the pack is a thrill, no matter how long it might take. In fact, the longer the better; my wallet needs to recuperate..... Anime dazed

But my question has to do with (a possible?) manga. Since I have all three of those as well, the thought of a fourth novel is equally thrilling. Not that I've heard of anything like that, but it is a curious thought that crossed my mind.

So I've been looking, but can find ne'er a sniff of a possible fourth manga. Has anyone had a blip on their radar concerning the possibility of a fourth book?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this will be based off some other sort of Sekai novel by Morioka-san. I love the first three incarnations and am looking forward to the next series. I haven't read the novels, so I'm not sure what kind of storylines or subplots will carry over should the anime production team decide to put them in there. But whatever this new series is based on, I'm sure it will be as stellar a story as were the each of the previous three Anime smile.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I think the author said in one of the extra interviews on the Region 1 DVDs that Lafiel's younger brother would become very important - maybe even the primary character - if the series continued.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I remember that. He talked about it in the "Newsletter of the Stars" extra on one of the Banner II DVDs. No disrespect to Lafiel's brother and all, but I've grown so attatched to the relationship she and Jinto have, but maybe there's a chance all three of them can have their share of the spotlight Smile.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the Crest and Banner series as well, great stuff. Really looking forward to more from the universe whenever, it's made.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I've grown so attatched to the relationship she and Jinto have.

As have we all, but I wonder if we shouldn't leave them at this point, at least partially. I think the story is actually very bittersweet, and I'm not sure if I want it to edge any closer to the inevitible conclusion spoiler[which as far as I can see would have to be Lafiel's heart breaking when Jinto finally ages assuming they both live so long].

I don't think there's much more to say about Spoor after the way things went down with her the last we saw her, unless perhaps what happened produced a 100 degree turn and she becomes a diplomat trying to broker peace. I don't see her behind a command chair again. I would imagine Samson will be retiring soon, but all the Abh characters could certainly still be around for quite a while. I'd especially like to see how my favorite pair of slightly cracked twins are doing. I fear for them...

This is all speculation, of course. The novels are already written, but I don't know what their contents are. My only real hope is that the franchise ends on top and doesn't go on too long for it's own good.
tvgood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The second I heard about another sequel I flipped I loved the original trilogy. The question of what’s it's going to be about is a good one. I personally think that’s it going to be about some adventure on Jinto's home planet but who knows.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
^I read somewhere it goes something like spoiler[Jinto and Lafiel travel to Martine only to be banned from his homeworld forever.] Lost the blasted link though, unfortunately, and Google produces no results worth mentioning. I wish somone would translate the darn novels, I for one would read them. Crying or Very sad
anime girl05

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
First Thank you for the feedback. But I can't read the BeSTACK studio page. Could someone please translate what it said. Thank you again for your help.
FlimJam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
anime girl05 wrote:
First Thank you for the feedback. But I can't read the BeSTACK studio page. Could someone please translate what it said. Thank you again for your help.

Go to this site http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and paste this link http://www.bestack.co.jp/ into the "Translate a web page" text box. Choose "Japanese to English" as the language in the drop down box right below then click the translate button. It won't be a perfect translation, but it'll be enough to understand what's being said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1