• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
trailers?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote
I just noticed on an old poll it said there was anime trailers. Is this still the case? and if yes where can you see them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
Trailers generally show up on a shows official website and not in any one place. You just have to know what you're looking for in advance and trackdown the website. Of course, not all websites feature trailers, but most seem to.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
no I mean trailers on this web site
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:40 am Reply with quote
ANN has never hosted trailers that i'm aware of. What they ment in that poll was whether or not they should continue to post links to trailers from other sites on the front page, which they do.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
ANN has never hosted trailers that i'm aware of. What they ment in that poll was whether or not they should continue to post links to trailers from other sites on the front page, which they do.

Actually, back in ~2001, we experimented with hosting trailers. We had a few RM encodings of trailers; Real Bout High School and Arjuna were amongst the more popular ones, IIRC..
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
But I assume that now you dont host trailers
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Actually, back in ~2001, we experimented with hosting trailers. We had a few RM encodings of trailers; Real Bout High School and Arjuna were amongst the more popular ones, IIRC..

Well now, that makes for some interesting trivia. The site has become significantly more popular since so it's probably for the best that ANN doesn't host them any longer, not sure we could stand the additional server load. Wink

Emerje
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
It would be convenient if ANN could gather all the trailers into one spot. I would certainly enjoy the service, only of course after a big-time server upgrade. Very Happy
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote
That would be great. I would love to see anime trailers in one spot, Just like some game trailer web sites, IE Happy Puppy or game trailers.com
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:
It would be convenient if ANN could gather all the trailers into one spot. I would certainly enjoy the service, only of course after a big-time server upgrade. Very Happy

It's as easy as putting a bunch of links to trailers together in one place/section/post. These trailer would already be hosted and companies want you to see their trailer.
Green_Devil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:08 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
ShellBullet wrote:

It's as easy as putting a bunch of links to trailers together in one place/section/post. These trailer would already be hosted and companies want you to see thier trailer.

Wouldn't ANN get introuble, like some sites usually will close down their webspace for that link so other won't be able to use it. I hope you guys know what im talking about.

Anyway be great if someone can find a trailer for Case Closed. Already seen some of the esp, I just want to see what the trailer is like.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
Green_Devil wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
ShellBullet wrote:

It's as easy as putting a bunch of links to trailers together in one place/section/post. These trailer would already be hosted and companies want you to see thier trailer.

Wouldn't ANN get introuble, like some sites usually will close down their webspace for that link so other won't be able to use it. I hope you guys know what im talking about.

Anyway be great if someone can find a trailer for Case Closed. Already seen some of the esp, I just want to see what the trailer is like.

I don't see how linking companie's website is illegal: Case Close Trailer (example)

But if this is illega and companies do not allow it, than mods, remove the link. Wink
matticans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:18 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Green_Devil wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
ShellBullet wrote:

I don't see how linking companie's website is illegal: Case Close Trailer (example)

But if this is illega and companies do not allow it, than mods, remove the link. Wink

I am lazy. So links to other sites is always a plus for me. So I really wouldn't mind links like the one above at all. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1