• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Has anyone read rebound?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cap'n_Morgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I heard it was pretty good. But its an anime about basketball so i am a little unsure of buying it. If anyone has read it please give your insight.

~The Cap'n~
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Hm...very old.

I thought Rebound was very good, with interesting plots and above average artwork. As its title implies, it has a lot of basketball, ONLY basketball, unlike Girl Got Game. (I'm a little sore.)

It's mostly about high school basketball, but sometimes I wonder...Are these possible? (I think not.) The players sometimes model themselves after the NBA players, and yet it seems a lot crazier than what you can see on TV. The players are also abnormally large, and it is unusual because of the stereotype that Japanese are short. Are they not?

I think the good parts override the bad, so it is generally...good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Rebound is a basketball manga. If you like Slam dunk, then it's the same thing you can expect from Rebound. If you're not into basketball, don't pick it up. Pick up girl got game (which has little bball = suck).
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
There's no use in reading it if you haven't read Harlem Beat first. Rebound is the sequel kind of. All the characters are just carried over into a new plot. Very confusing if you start at Rebound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
There's no use in reading it if you haven't read Harlem Beat first. Rebound is the sequel kind of. All the characters are just carried over into a new plot. Very confusing if you start at Rebound.

Not really, it was easy to follow and you can predict what already happen. Rebound continue a new stage of harlem beats: New faces, new match, new tournament.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1