• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Someone please Pick up GANTZ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I am buying the Greman ones, but my German is chopy and it has some minor edits to it. Will a US company please pick this up soon, (Dark Horse would be nice) and give us the complete unedited verson.
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Hell YA they need to pick it up and make it unedited. I love the Gantz manga. Since the anime is unedited I would hope the manga would be too. If they edited Gantz they would totally ruin it, considering they would have to take out entire chapters.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
Damn I've been asking for this series to be license like forever. It seem like Viz is the most likely candidiate to pick it up if they choose to.

Last edited by darkhunter on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="darkhunter"]Damn I've been asking for this series to be license like forever. It seem like Viz is the most likely candidiate to pick it up if they choose to.
quote]

I fear if Viz gets it it may be edited some. SaiKano may be edit free, but that seems to be a rare thing for Viz.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I fear if Viz gets it it may be edited some. SaiKano may be edit free, but that seems to be a rare thing for Viz.

I really can't remember the last time Viz edited a manga that was aimed at a mature audience. Sure Gantz is more graphic than things like Vagabond and Saikano, but it was nothing you wouldn't see in their anthology PULP back in the late 1990's, with things like Dance Till Tommorow and Bakune Young. I'd much rather see Viz get it than, say, ADV.
Tequila

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote
Can you tell me please what the edits exactly are in the german version? First time I heard that it is edited. By the way the german version was thrashed after vol 5 or 6. So you have to wait for the english version anyways if you want the whole manga. Maybe there exists a french version but I'm not sure.
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I've read every single chapter I can find on the net which is a lot and hope a company will get it soon.
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
i have never read it but I hope to soon if it comes to the US, hopefully Very Happy
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
Damn I've been asking for this series to be license like forever. It seem like Viz is the most likely candidiate to pick it up if they choose to.

GANTZ is over the top violence and nudity and the anime was never censored, wouldn't make any sense to censore it unless they were targeting kids. The Gantz game was just release recently, so I'm expecting the manga is still a hot property.

GANTZ = Shuesha title = most likely Viz's editor's choice line.
milcor1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

GANTZ is over the top violence and nudity and the anime was never censored, wouldn't make any sense to censore it unless they were targeting kids. The Gantz game was just release recently, so I'm expecting the manga is still a hot property.

Gantz is good and all but I just don't see it as editor's choice material, unless they put it on that line to keep it uncensored then it would be all good Cool.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote
True, this new VIZ seems to like to edit and Manga that is not on the Editors Choice line.

I like that the Editors Choice line gets shrink wraped and a mature rating if it is known to be grapic.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
milcor1 wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

Gantz is good and all but I just don't see it as editor's choice material, unless they put it on that line to keep it uncensored then it would be all good Cool.

Editor's Choice has come to mean anything that has a mature label on it. Is Tough really any diffrent from most of Viz's action titles? No, but it's very graphic, so they group it with Editor's Choice.
Anyway I still doubt Viz will pick Gantz up. The only Sheisha titles they really touch are Shonen Jump titles, with the occasional shojo. Considering they're barely releasing any of Shogakukan's seinen, which generally seems to be of much higher quality than any of Sheisha. I'd put my money on Tokyopop, or maybe even ADV (up till this point they've stayed away from mature titles).
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Gantz is going hella slow right now. something needs to happen.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Gantz is going hella slow right now. something needs to happen.

It's annoying that people have to complain about something that they get for free. What's next? Someone going to ask why arn't new Naruto episode release daily?
milcor1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
I think he means in the Japanese manga? But anyways I've always thought of GantZ as a manga that reads better in volumes than in chapters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3