• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Intial D (Tokyopop) speculation/ possible *SPOILER*?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangeo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Hello manga fans.

I'm just speculating, but DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RISK A SPOILER!!!

I'm your typical american fan (i can only read english), so my only exposure to Initial D is Tokyopop right now. I have been dying to discuss and speculate about the plot since volume 14.

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER OR just WAG! highlight to read.

I have a theory about Natsuke/Natalie's friend with the glasses and braid.
Could she be the Takahashi's cousin Tsugumi/Tricia?
Check out Ch 6 & 7 in volume 1. "Papas" black Mercedes in the garage with the Takahashi brothers' FC and FD? Tricia is in Vol 4 and 8. Then Ch 157 in vol 14...Is this like a Clark Kent disguise or something? I guess Shigeno's female characters tend to look alike.

Does Tokyopop have all the english language rights? I thought I might find another version from Australia, but all I've seen on the net is Tokyopop? At this rate it will be another two years before we get to where the actual story is now.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote
spoiler[The girl with glasses is related to the guy with the Mercedes (relationship is unknown; never been revealed). Takumi recieves several phone calls that eventually causes him to find out about Natsuki's "sex games" and during school one day, while talking to the girl, he recognizes her voice. She spills the beans that she is the caller. ]
dangeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I got dumped off the server after pushing submit. I went back and hit submit again and then there were two posts. I pushed the edit button, but i can't figure out how to delete this... Embarassed

Last edited by dangeo on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dangeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
thanks Haiseikoh 1973. I did pick that up, and so read back through and thought I saw some clues, but nothing absolute. From what I hear, it has not come up again so far by the current Japanese volume 30.

Dead topic. If anyone that wants to see my full argument with chapter and page references, let me know and I will email or post it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1