• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
w00t - I got me the Escaflowne perfect collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I was in the BX, and looking at DVD's and just happened to see the Escaflowne Perfect Collection boxset sitting on the shelve's and for $54.95 no less. Never seen Escaflowne, so I hope it is good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, its good although I've only seen the first 4 episodes uncut (darn Fox). I've been planning on buying the box for awhile actually but I haven't yet.

While I'm on it, what exactly does woot mean anyway? I seem to use it a lot too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kamiboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
One of the best anime of the 90's
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
I was in the BX, and looking at DVD's and just happened to see the Escaflowne Perfect Collection boxset sitting on the shelve's and for $54.95 no less. Never seen Escaflowne, so I hope it is good.

I think you will really enjoy it. After you watch the series i highly recommend you check out the movie. It has great animation and also gives a slightly different story than the series.

Since you mentioned finding a great deal, i just wanted to say that last week i went to the movie trading company and got the whole Tenchi GXP series with art box for only 29.99. Now i go there all the time to see if they have any other miss priced anime.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Yeah, its good although I've only seen the first 4 episodes uncut (darn Fox). I've been planning on buying the box for awhile actually but I haven't yet.

While I'm on it, what exactly does woot mean anyway? I seem to use it a lot too.

I suppose it is used to convey excitement or whatever. This is actually the first time I've used it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Definition of w00t courtesty of UrbanDictionary:

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, that's interesting.

On my shelve's it is sitting between Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Panic. It's kinda wierd to see the only light blue box sitting on my shelves and especially between white as well.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Definition of w00t courtesty of UrbanDictionary:

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'

Oh, okay. I didn't think it would be in a dictionary. Thanks man Very Happy .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:

Oh, okay. I didn't think it would be in a dictionary. Thanks man Very Happy .

In a normal dictionary... probably not. UrbanDictionary, on the other hand, has such great words as:

Wa Dang
To insult or diss someone and then rub it in their face

you get tripped in the hall and find Clark standing over you screaming "WA DANG BITCH!"

pachingidy
crazy fun
mooning the moon was pachingidy

AND!!!

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
In the words of Doad, Aka Spouse. Means no.
"hey doad, wanna do somethin later?"
"Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah, man, that website is hilarious. *wang wang*

I need to go catch up with my urban lingo now...

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1