• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Slice of Life/ Guy rescue Girl Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote
I am really into slice of life/ Guy rescue Girl anime. I wanted to know other titles other than GTO, Love Hina, School Rumble, InuYasha...
Osaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:01 am Reply with quote
Well ev0luti0nzer0 I have a few to suggest.

For slice of life-

Azumanga Daioh very nice, lighthearted and warm. Although it doesn't have the guy saving girl element that you are after but once you start watching you realise it is something you don't really need.
anime#799

If I remember anymore I'll post them Very Happy
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote
Be warn though, Azumanga has no real story but instead focuses on gag. I wouldn't recommend it.

Golden boy is something you might want to check if you like GTO. And yes, there is a "boy save girl type" story, but in a funny way.
Osaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quote
Well not all anime need a plot to be good Wink
I think it just depends on what you want though.

I've just thought of some more animes in the genre you're asking for-

Another good slice of life and that's Kokoro Library it's a sweet, short series.
[url]anime#1119 [/url]

To Heart is also a slice of life and has (in a way) guy saving girl.
anime#1089

Here is Greenwood (Koko wa Greenwood) a very fun short OVA.
anime#504
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:11 am Reply with quote
Osaka wrote:
Well not all anime need a plot to be good

Sure, anime such as Colorful which makes no real plot, instead focus on perverted gag and stereotype was worth watching. It's strange, it's weird, it's unique and everything tie in neatly at the end.
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:40 am Reply with quote
Well...i heard from a friend that Azu-Manga was Really Funny. Hmm..i might watch that next...any way thanks for the help Osaka and darkhunter
PolkadotPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket...its really good! I have all of the DVD's but they stop at like the 8th manga but you can get either one...but i reccomend the manga because the anime leaves some things out...or changes the way the scene went. Well anyway Fruits Basket...anime or manga deosent really matter its still great!
kamiboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne fits the "save the girl" bill.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
My favorite slice of life anime is NieA_7. It's story couldn't be more down to earth and normal, even though there's aliens from outer space in it. XD It's cute, I'd definitley reccomend it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
alchemist2102

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
hmmmm..well a good one that fits it a lil' bit is wolf's rain... even though its not it at the begining it fallows guy saves girl bill from the middle to end pretty good
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
Perhaps Full Metal Panic! and/or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu would be along the lines of what you're looking for. FMP provides a great mix of action, romance, comedy, and Sousuke saving Kaname on numerous occasions.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quote
I like more Girl rescue Guy anime. Guess why? Coz they are almost no anime with strong guys. Almost all the men in anime are displayed weak(Shinji for example and many more) except few strong ones like Onizuka from GTO and ....well....can't think of any. Laughing Shocked

EDIT: Am I watching the wrong stuff? Embarassed
philg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quote
Berserk has a little Guy rescuing the damsel in distress. spoiler[You know, Guts going back after a year to protect Caska, or was he protecting the Hawks? Oh well there still is romance there]. And Escaflowne might have some, I read the manga and that definately had guy resue girl in it. If the anime is anything like the manga definately go for that!! Wink
matticans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
philg wrote:
Berserk has a little Guy rescuing the damsel in distress. spoiler[You know, Guts going back after a year to protect Caska, or was he protecting the Hawks? Oh well there still is romance there]. And Escaflowne might have some, I read the manga and that definately had guy resue girl in it. If the anime is anything like the manga definately go for that!! Wink

I don't know about berserk, i mean it is a very bloddy and violent series, but if that is what you want go for it, and spoiler[ok so he wants to protect the girl, but the last episode would just rip it apart sense she gets raped right in front of him and he can't save her].

I always liked Ah! My Goddess. I think this is kind of what you want...hopefully.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1