• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are there reprecussions for messaging someone maliciously?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
This ANN member whos AOL instant messanger screen name is BatmanEunuch messaged me and told me to stop posting because I was terrible and it hurt his intellect. I was wondering if ANN had a sort of system set up to punish idiots like this who use personal info to aggravate other ANN members.

thanks -
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote
p8nt junky wrote:
This ANN member whos AOL instant messanger screen name is BatmanEunuch messaged me and told me to stop posting because I was terrible and it hurt his intellect. I was wondering if ANN had a sort of system set up to punish idiots like this who use personal info to aggravate other ANN members.

thanks -

I beleive the correct term was "you were a terrible poster", not "You have hurt my intellect". Thanks for dragging in your hissy-fit drama.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
LOL, if it's a personal drama, deal with it. There are people that's not going to like you. That doesn't mean you're going to go tell your mommy. Stand up for yourself man...

No tadle-telling.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
LOL, if it's a personal drama, deal with it. There are people that's not going to like you. That doesn't mean you're going to go tell your mommy. Stand up for yourself man...

No tadle-telling.

maybe if he wasnt such a terrible poster in the first place he wouldnt get mean messages SmileSadSmileSadSmileSad
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Wait, wait, wait. Malicious? I hate to say this, but you're a wuss if that's malicious. Get over it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
To be blunt, that's the risk you take by putting your SN out there for people to get it. It's not really ANN's job to deal with things that occur off-site. Just block him if it bothers you, and deal with it.

Shinotaku14 wrote:
Wait, wait, wait. Malicious? I hate to say this, but you're a wuss if that's malicious. Get over it.

Good point, mailicious would be more like "you are a terrible poster, I'm coming to kill you now" or something of that nature.
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
LOL! Bunch of cutthroats here! hah alright then. I guess the anime world isnt for the weak of heart Twisted Evil
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
p8nt junky wrote:
LOL! Bunch of cutthroats here! hah alright then. I guess the anime world isnt for the weak of heart Twisted Evil

Out.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:34 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:

Shinotaku14 wrote:

Good point, mailicious would be more like "you are a terrible poster, I'm coming to kill you now" or something of that nature.

No, malicious would be: "your a terrible poster, i'm gonna strap you down and make you watch every single episode of Super Milk Chan and make you regret even posting."
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote

Last edited by ShellBullet on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
DAMN PEOPLE! Im being picked on by anime fans its the f***ing apocalypse . . .
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
If you don't want to be instant messaged, don't post your screenname online. Deal with the repercussions. Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1