• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece licensed for Australia- Bilingual, Uncut DVDs.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quote
From the AOD forums, in " Region 2 (UK/Europe) & R4 (Australia) DVD News & Views "-

slykura wrote:
One-Piece
We are proud to announce the acquisition of one of the greatest pirate stories of all time!! Set Sail for One Piece!
A story of a young boy inspired to become a pirate by his childhood hero "Red-Haired" Shanks. After accidentally eating some cursed Gum-Gum fruit, he gains the power to stretch his limbs like rubber!
One of the biggest series to be released in Japan and based on the graphic novels of the same name, this will be one sure-fire title to look out for this year!!

DVDs will be UNCUT and BILINGUAL (JAPANESE WITH SUBS AND UNCUT ENGLISH) Tentative Late 2005.

This can only be a good thing for the eventual US release.
lyger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:17 am Reply with quote
if there region 2 they will work here Shocked
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:53 am Reply with quote
Australia is Region 4, and Madman usually dont do region 2 varients for titles (they have, however, done some Region 2/4 titles, such as dragonball)
philg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote
At the Perth Empire Toys they only sell Region 1 DVDs that apparently only work on American DVD players, I cant use them so it's bad Crying or Very sad
philg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quote
At the Perth Empire Toys they only sell Region 1 DVDs that apparently only work on American DVD players, I cant use them so it's bad Crying or Very sad
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote
philg wrote:
At the Perth Empire Toys they only sell Region 1 DVDs that apparently only work on American DVD players, I can't use them so it's bad Crying or Very sad

Uhh.. I dont think you really get it. What I'm refering to is the Region 4 Australian release from Madman, which has been confirmed for late this year. What I also said was that it shows promise for an American Region 1 release before it.

Region 1 DVDs don't nessecerally only work on Region 1 DVD players. I frequently play region 1 2 and 4 DVDs on the same player.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1