• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Gundam Wing + CCS be next? (Spongebob "controversy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6850119/ talks about how certain Christian groups are worried that a cartoon character which is an asexual organism is promoting homosexuality to kids.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
How is Gundam Wing connected to this?
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
Alright, Fake.=p
MiwaSatoshi
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
Anyone who could possibly think FAKE is a kid's show is obviously not to be listened to. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Gatsu posts another thread.
Bulghod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
Yes, since all of the little middle-school kids watch Gundam Wing, since it's on the same level of popularity in America with Spongebob.

notice the subtle sarcasm there. Gundam Wing isn't in the tape, so they're not going to care.

I think the better question is;
What will the Christian Right do if they see Evangelion, or FAKE, or some anime offending the Christian right, and will I have a camera to catch their faces?[/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
arxane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
Why the hell would "Gundam Wing" and "Card Capture Sakura" be involved in this? They haven't been on the air for several years now!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Why the hell would Gundam Wing and Card Capture Sakura be involved in this? They haven't been on the air for several years now!

Because Gatsu gotta have to post mistah!
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote
the article wrote:
...Christian Conservative groups have issued a gay alert warning...

"Issued a gay alert warning"... that is hilarious. It's like, the amber alert system! Or the national security level has been upgraded to orange! No, it's a gay alert warning. Pull over anyone with limp wrists hanging out their car windows. I really love that wording.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
the article wrote:

"Issued a gay alert warning"... that is hilarious. It's like, the amber alert system! Or the national security level has been upgraded to orange! No, it's a gay alert warning. Pull over anyone with limp wrists hanging out their car windows. I really love that wording.

It sounds like something a 7 year old would have at a elementary school. Then again, a majority of these groups have the group mentality of elementary school students, so it just makes it funnier.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:13 am Reply with quote
Fundamentalists Rolling Eyes . They're just mad cause they can be homosexual in their religion.......they are just going to keep targeting somthing soon it might be anime, but thats not going to stop it. Is spongeBob over?

Also in brittain some preist tried to get a book burnning of Harry Potter books because they are the influence of the devil. Did the books stoped being published. Only ignorant, bestile, fools, try to stop somthing based on their own prejudices.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
For startes, i don't think this thread is off-topic and second this particular subject is somewhat thought provoking (The Religous reich is at it again boys and gals Razz )And last; who posted 3X on this thread that he started? Rolling Eyes
*Jeporady music playing*
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quote
the_soultaker wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
For startes, i don't think this thread is off-topic and second this particular subject is somewhat thought provoking (The Religous reich is at it again boys and gals Razz )And last; who posted 3X on this thread that he started? Rolling Eyes
*Jeporady music playing*

You obviously don't understand the subtle humour of the thing don't you? Don't worry, being simple can have it's benefits, as you're probably well aware of.

PS Despite what you may think, that doesn't nessecerally mean you are right, and in this paticular case, you are incorrect. The thread is off-topic, as the current campaign is not opposed to Japanese animated programming and shows no sign of being so any time soon. Even if they do, there's no way to prove that they are now, so for the time being it is off-topic.

There's got to always be SOMEONE, hey?
Bulghod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
the article wrote:

no, pink alert. oh wait, maybe autumn, or salmon, or one of those other colors i saw on Queer Eye
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
Bulghod wrote:
Jadress wrote:
the article wrote:

no, pink alert. oh wait, maybe autumn, or salmon, or one of those other colors i saw on Queer Eye

You're such a beige-tan color darling
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2