• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
shippo question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
is Shippo (I think thats how its spelled) from Inu-yasha a boy or a girl? I always thought it was a girl, but recently a friend of mine informed me that its a boy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
They've shown, on YTV, all the "evidence" you'll ever need to see to know that Shippo's a boy, though I don't think that "evidence" was shown on Cartoon Network.

Not that there's much to see "down there". It looked like just a little bump, but I was shocked that YTV actually showed it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
There are also a couple episodes out there that are of the "filler" variety where Shippo spoiler[falls in love with a couple different girls (maybe Miroku really is a bad influence).]

I also seem to recall a couple of times Shippo referring to himself as his father's son, of course these tend to be moments when he needs to buck up and do what needs to be done.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
You'll also notice the older brother/little brother relationship between Shippo and Inuyasha. Their relationship makes much more sense than if Shippo was a girl.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
nope, as far as I've seen, they don't show any "evidence" on CN.

alright, I guess I was wrong then. thanks, everybody Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I do believe that episode where Shippo was naked was shown on Cartoon Network, and it was just that little "bump" there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
I do believe that episode where Shippo was naked was shown on Cartoon Network, and it was just that little "bump" there.

I don't remember that at all, but I guess with so many episodes it is easy to forget something.
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I think it's in the second movie here Shippo is shown naked and in a hot spring with Kagome and Sango. Shippo may appear naked in one of the earlier episodes, but Adult Swim on Carton Network won't ever show that.

Shippo may be voiced by a woman, but the character is male.
mitora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Well I know that they showed Gohan naked on Dragon Ball Z a coulple weeks ago, so they can defiently get away with it on AS.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quote
how come shippo gets to bathe with (and consequently see naked) Sango and Kagome?
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I guess he's just a little kid...jeez, I must've missed those parts. 0_o
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
how come shippo gets to bathe with (and consequently see naked) Sango and Kagome?

.Sy wrote:
I guess he's just a little kid...jeez, I must've missed those parts. 0_o

Good question, BoygetsfireD, and .Sy is right on the money with his response.

If there was a scene with either Kagome or Sango or both in a hot spring, could the makers of the series get away with showing Miroku or InuYasha or both in the hot spring with them? Even if such a scene exists in the series shown in Japan, could Adult Swim or YTV get away with including such a scene on this side of the Pacific Ocean?

It was easy to include Shippo in such a scene-- Shippo is too young to be even thinking like a lecher, so that disqualifies Miroku. Shippo doesn't look scary, so that disqualifies InuYasha. Why Miyoga isn't around at times like these, though, remains a mystery to me.
Wufei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quote
That is so true. Shippo is a little kid. It's just like when your Mom took you to the ladies room because you were too small to go to the men's room by yourself. And yes, Shippo is a boy because there was one episode where he had a crush on girl. In fact he had two episodes with girls his age. And the older ladies seem to like that cutie fox demon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1