• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dec. 28 2004: The first time I read manga.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
This was the day I read the first volume of Comic Party from Tokyopop and the first volume of Azumanga Daioh from ADV Manga. I personally enjoyed them both. Hopefully I'll start my own manga collection, problem is that I need a big bookcase.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps you want to put this in the introductory thread.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8855&start=210

Oh yea having a nice medium size bookcase is pretty nice also. I have a big one and a medium size one that hold about 70 books and it looks nice without being too overcrowded.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
What was the holdup? Anyway, I read a couple of volumes of Azu-manga and it was pretty good. It seems you're into comedy stuff. I suggest Sgt. Frog. It's one of my favorites.
On the bookcase matter, I need a new one. I'm going to have to separate my anime and manga now that the manga count is more than 3x that of my anime, which isn't bad although I'll run out of shelfspace by summer Crying or Very sad .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Grieving Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I can't remember when I started reading manga (I'm bad with years and dates) but I DO need a new shelf. I have a bookcase taller than me and I've started to double stack my volumes...
JackBassV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Got all of Azumanga and both series of Comic Party (CPM and TokyoPop), and love them both.

I'd recommend Cardcaptor Sakura, Love Hina and Oh My Goddess.

Of course you'd probably like What's Michael, a series of shorts about the everyday life of a house cat in japan - including Yakusa, fugitives and more! Some describe it as japan's equivalent of Garfield, but I thing it's far better that the ginger furball.

I've been reading Manga for 20 years, and it's totally addictive.

I've got boxes of Manga, shelves full of manga and even my computer desk (2M long) is stacked with Manga.

And Anime is just as bad.

I don't know about new shelves, I think I'm gonna need a new house. Or kick one of my kids out! (Think I'll go with the latter. It's cheaper Razz)

JBV^_^
JackBassV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Got all of Azumanga and both series of Comic Party (CPM and TokyoPop), and love them both.

I'd recommend Cardcaptor Sakura, Love Hina and Oh My Goddess.

Of course you'd probably like What's Michael, a series of shorts about the everyday life of a house cat in japan - including Yakusa, fugitives and more! Some describe it as japan's equivalent of Garfield, but I thing it's far better that the ginger furball.

I've been reading Manga for 20 years, and it's totally addictive.

I've got boxes of Manga, shelves full of manga and even my computer desk (2M long) is stacked with Manga.

And Anime is just as bad.

I don't know about new shelves, I think I'm gonna need a new house. Or kick one of my kids out! (Think I'll go with the latter. It's cheaper Razz)

JBV^_^
Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
hope you find some enjoyable mangas
I recommend love hina, negima, xxxholic, chobits, or just try to find something at the store that interests you
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
I read my first manga when I walked into a comic shop and found the montly sailor moon releases by Mixx staring back at me. Been a freak for the stuff every since.

As to suggestions for you, I hated Azumanga, so you probably don't want my suggestions for comedy manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1