• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
MasterFuu wrote:
My real name is "Vlad" . Now bow to me!!!!

My liege! I bow befo.... Wait a minute! You didn't force people to eat their own babies!

Wouldn't happen to be Russian, would you?

LOL thats funny. I'm not as sadistic as the real VLAD.
My real name is Vladimir but friends call me VLAD(including my Rumanian teacher who makes references to Drakula all the time Rolling Eyes ).

I'm from ex-Yugoslavia(sister country of Russia) Wink
kamiboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
[quote="MasterFuu"]
kamiboy wrote:
I'm from ex-Yugoslavia(sister country of Russia)

Yeah I knew it had to be an East European country. Vladimir is pretty common name in that region I believe.
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Kamiboy, buddy, have you watched the final four episodes of hellsing . . .? It would take a genius to undo the damage.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:48 am Reply with quote
p8nt junky wrote:
Kamiboy, buddy, have you watched the final four episodes of hellsing . . .? It would take a genius to undo the damage.

I know this is adding on, but . . .

THE HORROR . . . THE HO-HO-HORROR . . .

Most frustrating thing? My sis and I (knowledgeable fans) invited another sis and her friend (new to Japanese anime) to watch the whole series in one day with us. At the end, Sis #1 and I are in shock (WTH?) and Sis#2 and friend are like "Cool!". I won't hate on their experience: they liked it that's cool. But Sis #1 and I were supposed to enjoy it!!! Evil or Very Mad
kamiboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote
p8nt junky wrote:

I did see it a great many months ago and not under the most ideal circumstances. I admit my memory of the details are sketchy but what I do remember is spoiler[some kind of anti-Hellsing conspiracy in the government that framed them for a terrorist attack on the queen and also some kind super baddie that almost defeated Alucard.]

Maybe I'm just being thickheaded here but having been adequately warned about the ending of Hellsing I didn't really see what all the hoo-ha was all about. Perhaps someone could explain it to me?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
Maybe I'm just being thickheaded here but having been adequately warned about the ending of Hellsing I didn't really see what all the hoo-ha was all about. Perhaps someone could explain it to me?

Your assumption on the ending is pretty much correct, but I can tell you why a lot of people disliked it.

spoiler[ In addition to The Hellising Orginzation being framed, they were also totally decimated in terms of how many troops they lost, their reputation was then stained pretty much for life, and Integra was put in prison or being held capitve, or something.

On top of that, Incognito (the bad guy) never even existed in the manga, but with his existence came this really big mess of a story where a lot of things happened that shouldn't have.

I suppose to the original author, it felt like a slap in the face, and he ultimately decided to stop production of the anime altogether. And as much as I do like the series, I would've liked to have seen more, but apparently, the writers at Gonzo didn't do a good enough job to award any kind of continuation.

Oh well, like Berserk, I guess we'll just have to read the manga to see the rest. By the way, I haven't read the manga yet, so I'm not really sure what happened Anime smile + sweatdrop.]
kamiboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Oh well, like Berserk, I guess we'll just have to read the manga to see the rest. By the way, I haven't read the manga yet, so I'm not really sure what happened.

You really should read though because as of volume 5 it really gets ultra cool with the introduction of spoiler[Nazis.

But then again I have always been a sucker for anything with Nazis in it and specially if they are of the supernatural variety, which is why I enjoyed Hellboy so much.

I mean just think about it, all the things the Nazis did, said and even the way they dressed were all out of a comic book villain.

Anyway I really like those Nazi werewolves and generally the mangaka's character designs for all the baddies, they all just look so badass.]
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
But then again I have always been a sucker for anything with Nazis in it and specially if they are of the supernatural variety, which is why I enjoyed Hellboy so much.

I mean just think about it, all the things the Nazis did, said and even the way they dressed were all out of a comic book villain.

Anyway I really like those Nazi werewolves and generally the mangaka's character designs for all the baddies, they all just look so badass.

Of course your aware that Hitler was obesssed with Black Magic and the occult,(well, he practically was the Devil himself yanno.) so it's no surprise that you would see Movies,Anime and even Videogames featuring The Nazs trying to gain supernatural powers/or summoning demons.

Hellboy was a good concept (the movie, was a little disapointing
in regards to the story pacing.) Also i highly recommend checking out the Spirit Warrior OVAs (The peacock king) The regent of Darkness. In which the vile neo Nazis try to accquire a golden skull with mystical properties.

Bloodrayne the videogame, contained simular themes, but it's a very cool game IMO. (A female Blade-like protagonist who mows down Nazis, Zombies and Vampires, within an Raiders of the lost ark setting. Can't go wrong with that now can ya?)
kamiboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
the_soultaker wrote:
Of course your aware that Hitler was obesssed with Black Magic and the occult

I surely did, and in the words of Homer Simpson: "He is my favourite fictional character."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4