• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Samurai X: Refletion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I know there are some out there who don't like Reflection, and I respect that. However, that's not what this is about.

I recently watched the director's cut of Reflection and was wondering how it compared to the original, since I haven't seen it. When it comes to Trust & Betrayal, the musical score was torn appart and some of the new scenes didn't add much to the story. I thought it was really good still. It seemed like the dc for Reflection had much more music than the dc for Trust & Betrayal.

To my point, was the musical score changed from the original? Was more added to it? Or was it worse making it like Trust & Betrayals musical score? What do you think about the new scenes, and did they add to the story? Did you like the dc? And if you feel so, add anything relevant.

Thankyou

Last edited by Dagwood on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Anyone..... ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering about the changes as well, but I'm not about to buy the abomination twice to find out, it's not really worth it for me. I suggest http://www.google.com it usually works pretty good when I'm looking for reviews. Sorry I can't be of much more help.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
Try this review at Anime on DVD. It doesn't sound much different from the original, other than the visual enhancements and the fact that there's NO REVERSIBLE COVER that says Rurouni Kenshin on the other side. I can definitley say I won't pick this up. Heck, I even sold the original DVD. I saw the first episode fansubbed before it was licensed and the second (horribly dubbed) at a friend's house when it came out on DVD.

I like the art and animation, as it is very sleek and beautiful like Tsuioku-hen's. The music is great too, and it gets me a little depressed when I listen to the OST, but the fact that whoever wrote this material and totally butchered the story and characters is what turns me away the most.

I know some anime movies and OAVs can sometimes be stand alone titles or whatever, and I like Escaflowne the Movie a lot, but for some reason, I don't feel like really accepting Seisouhen after I found out what was supposed to happen. I guess it's just because Kenshin is my favorite anime franchise. Oh well... at least the interviews with the seiyuu were nice. Smile

EDIT: Fixed some grammar and spelling.

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
Thank-you Tony K., it helped. It's just, if only there was someone who has seen both versions, I could get all the answers I'm looking for. Oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1