• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
R.O.D Read or Die...anyone want to help me?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spawyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Ok Late December 30, 2004 (or early on the 31st) I was going to go to bed at about 3:00 a.m. (central time) and i turned on the T.V. in the dark so i could see enough to take some medicine and such. The channel it was on previously was Cartoon Network, so when the T.V. Turned on There was an anime on the screen. It was a girl sleeping and she woke up found a pen wrote something down and left her house to get books. I watched the whole movie when i should have gone to sleep. The movie turned out to be Read or Die, and i loved it from the beginning. (And i think i saw the whole thing from the start)

Well anyways heres the problem, does anyone know if it will be on T.V. again, because I really loved it and i wish my friends could have seen it also, because they like anime too. If anyone at all knows if its going to be on T.V. again, can you please e-mail me at [email protected] because i will probably forget to check this board.

Thanks all and please E-Mail me if you know anything about this subject.
graywolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
oh yeh it will be. but it seems to come on at random. the read or die ova was (in my opinion) one of the greatest animes out there.

but on another note I would suggest seeing it in Japanese. with subs. I normally like watching dubbed anime. but it seemed better for some reason.

sorry it is early and im not fully awake yet. anyway, yes it will be on again the best way to find out when is to go to the adult swim site and check there schedule. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
biliano*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I check the schedule at www.adultswim.com, but there is no indication that they will air R.O.D. in the near future. Since you liked the OVA (and rightfully so, because it is awesome), I suggest you go out and buy the DVD.
Spawyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Is the DvD even out yet? I mean the one where Mrs. Paper is the main character, not the three sisters one (even though im going to buy that one when it comes out).
biliano*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Spawyn wrote:
Is the DvD even out yet? I mean the one where Mrs. Paper is the main character, not the three sisters one (even though im going to buy that one when it comes out).

release#1259
Spawyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quote
One more tiny question...

I know theres a T.V. show and the Movie and such, but is there a Manga, like a comic book, novel thing? I was wondering because i would consider buying that before the tv series/movie so i could read it.
graywolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote
i saw it once but it has been awhile so no idea if it is in englash
Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
biliano*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Spawyn wrote:
One more tiny question...

I know theres a T.V. show and the Movie and such, but is there a Manga, like a comic book, novel thing? I was wondering because i would consider buying that before the tv series/movie so i could read it.

Yes, there is an R.O.D. manga, but it hasn't been licensed in the US as of this time. The manga is serialized in Japan's Ultra Jump, which also serializes the manga Tenjo Tenge. I know that the Tenjo Tenge manga will make its US debut in April (it will be distributed by DC Comics' new CMX line), but I don't know when or if the R.O.D. manga will make it stateside.

Hope this helps you. Smile
LightNightmare148

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It was on yesterday... or say today since it started ar 12 am. Laughing
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like you cought the nightly repeat of Adult Swims Thursday night repeat of Last Saturday's block (whew! 'Catch all that?). The ROD OVA was actually played earlier this fall/summer time, and repeated then, as well. As far as viewing it again, purchasing the DVD is probably your best bet. It's possible that CN's broadcasting rights end in '04 - that could be why they replayed it now - along with the Animatrix. I also prefer the subtitled version - I can't stand The Paper's english voice - so by buying the DVD you can have an even better show for your friends.
Although I haven't seen the TV show, I believe that it's supposed to be airing on G4/TechTV soon - if it allready hasn't.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quote
they only aired up to episode 10. same with Gungrave and Gad Guard.
graywolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:25 pm Reply with quote
i think they showed the whole ova but like bruce lee and i said (that sounds weird ) watch it in subs, it is annoying how bad some of the voice overs are. they just dont fit, if only they took time to do it right and and ..... AHHHHH. Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

sorry they just make me so, whatever
donkeychips

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:22 am Reply with quote
wow read or die, now thats a old one
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:36 am Reply with quote
donkeychips wrote:
wow read or die, now thats a old one

2001 is old? Wow, I'd hate to have your attention span...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:57 am Reply with quote
If Read or Die from 2001 is an old series, I wonder what he considers something like the original Gundam Wing from 1979?

That is if he watches anything before the year 2000. I on the other hand, want to watch as many of the old classic series as I can (Space Battleship Yamato - 1974, Urusei Yatsura - 1978, Galaxy Express 999 - 1979, Super Dimension Fortress Macross - 1982, and Gunbuster - 1988), as well as the newer ones and those inbetween.

Last edited by kusanagi-sama on Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3