• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
X sets and Champloo releases

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benbboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:25 pm Reply with quote
a few questions for people....first off....on amazon.com there are two versions of champloo...a collectors and a (sub) or something....whats the difference if any?...another is when i went to bestbuy to see if they had the x sets 1 and 2 in....i was surprised to see the prices was 100 bucks for each....where as amazone....has them 62 bucks each.....yet again...they had (sub) on them...whats this mean?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
The Champloo item you saw that say's "Collector's" is probably the Vol.1 + box. And the other one that says (Sub) next to it looks like Vol.2, which is due in March.

The X (TV) ones you saw (this and this one) look to be the same half box sets you saw at Best Buy, which is way too much for $100 a piece.
Rundi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
What do the new boxes look like? I can't seem to find any pictures, and my Best Buy never releases stuff early.
benbboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote
k well thanks...so sub means its coming out soon though or what?...so everyone knows...if ya wanna get the x series...get it at amazon.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:23 am Reply with quote
I think the "Sub" title next to it just means it has subtitles. I don't know, since I've never ordered from them, but yeah, that could be what they mean. I'm pretty sure that's the half box set, though. Happy viewing!
Rundi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that should just be the same old R1 DVDs repackaged, but benbboy. A description. Please.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:41 am Reply with quote
Samurai Champloo - Volume 1 DVD
Samurai Champloo - Volume 2 (Sub) <--basically it's not released yet, not until march 2005, so amaozn doesn't have the full detail. It should contain both sub and dub.

Samurai Champloo - Volume 1 + Series Box
Remember, this only comes with the first dvd.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
The X (TV) ones you saw (this and this one) look to be the same half box sets you saw at Best Buy, which is way too much for $100 a piece.
Actually that looks to be about right - the single DVD's for X go for about 22-24$ and once you scale that up to four DVDs you are sitting right at paying full price for the box set.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:39 am Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
Actually that looks to be about right - the single DVD's for X go for about 22-24$ and once you scale that up to four DVDs you are sitting right at paying full price for the box set.

Hm, yeah, well, I'd rather pay less since I'm a bit of a cheapstake, but OK, I guess that does sound better than the SRP. Razz I don't see it for sale on Deep Discount DVD yet, so for those of you who might be picking these half boxes up, you might want to wait a little bit, first. I'm sure they'll probably be around the same price, or maybe even cheaper.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:50 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
Tony K. wrote:

If you want to get pick the individual disc, they're 15 dollar shipped at DDD for the 50% off Pioneer DVD Sale
benbboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quote
K cool...i dont think ill buy the 100 dollar ones though when i can get the 63 on the amazon main site..not the marketplace Razz
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:59 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
If you want to get pick the individual disc, they're 15 dollar shipped at DDD for the 50% off Pioneer DVD Sale
Cool, thanks for the info. All that I needed was DVD 7 and 8 to finish the series. Can't say that I'm not going to glad to be done buying that series - most of the ones I buy now are $16-18 new in the local stores. The most expensive is Last Exile which still isn't too bad compared to X.
benbboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
sry...they are 50% of at DDD....DDD=?
benbboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I see....does anyone know how reliable the site is? shipping....fakes...etc?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
benbboy wrote:
I see....does anyone know how reliable the site is? shipping....fakes...etc?

Deep Discount DVD sells ALL LEGIT MERCHANDISE. They also offer free shipping, which is great if you're in no hurry, but it can take up to about a week to get your stuff.

Yes, they are very dependable, and I recommend you give them a try. Their prices are just about the best around, and they also have a pretty good selection. Good luck!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2