• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are you an anime elitist?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:00 am Reply with quote
I dont mean simply just watching subbed anime and dissing anything that is dubbed. Who ONLY watches unlicensed anime, despises anything that has been picked up for american distrobution? If you do, then damn, you're pretty hardcore. I know someone who's like. It's pretty frustrating.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:24 am Reply with quote
im not exactly sure.....but i belive the term you're looking for is not elitist....its probaly otaku. and no im not an elitist. im just too lazy to take the time to look for unlicensed anime and to read the sub in sub anime.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
im not exactly sure.....but i belive the term you're looking for is not elitist....its probaly otaku. and no im not an elitist. im just too lazy to take the time to look for unlicensed anime and to read the sub in sub anime.

I know the difference. You are not what I'm looking ofr.
Anti-Mainstreamist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:16 am Reply with quote
Pfft, not at all. I pretty much watch whatever ends up on Cartoon Network or G4TechTV. The only anime I've bought are a few movies, I think I have about 4-5 of those. I spend money on my other hobbies.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:29 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
Otaku would be the crazy socially inept fan. Etlist is the anime snob. The guy whoe expects all dubs to suck. I'm not much of an etlist, but when one of my favorite manga is about to become an anime I get a bit snobbish. Smile
Happy Thanks Giving!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
che_guevara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:48 am Reply with quote
Emm... I tend to watch anime mostly subbed, but I don't hate all dubbing, since some of it makes an anime even better (Cowboy Bebop). And I definitely watch stuff that's licensed in the US.

I just watch whatever's good.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
After watching Transformers Superlink in the original Japanese, my impression of why it's predecessor sucked was mostly because of the dub.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sasami2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Cool I'm a anime elitist i go to otkaon. I have movies i tecnhi in lone tenchi forever sailor moon etc.... So i am a anime elitist i love anime.See You On The Flip Side lol Very Happy
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I am a human being who enjoys whatever is fascinating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
animedork2075

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, "hate" thats pretty harsh however I do often times enjoy the subed versions more (I.E. Stand Alone Complex)
and actually i'm starting Japanese language courses this semester to allow me to pay more attention to the show itself.
However There is deffinate exceptions. Evongelion and as previously mentioned Cowboy Bebop. GTG Turkey calls happy thanks giving late Twisted Evil
Depression

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy watch anime in subs. but that is because there are alot of times that the dub changes what was orginal said or leave it out. Other than that i don't think i am an anime elitist.
animedork2075

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
sorry I have to fix my mistake Evangelion I don't know why but I always screw that up sorry!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm just an elitist. Wink

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Sasami2007 wrote:
Cool I'm a anime elitist i go to otkaon. I have movies i tecnhi in lone tenchi forever sailor moon etc.... So i am a anime elitist i love anime.See You On The Flip Side lol Very Happy
Going to Otakon and owning anime doesn't make you an etlist.
Abunai wrote:

- abunai
Abunai is coming out of the closet! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Abunai wrote:

- abunai
Abunai is coming out of the closet! Laughing

I was never in one. Wink

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5