• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is Ai Yori really over??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maclam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:58 am Reply with quote
Well i just complete my Enishi Box set with the purchase of the last DVD of Enishi...

I am one big fan of Ai Yori.... i love everything about that anime.... but i would have like it to be a little longer.... and the ending keep me curious.... what will really happened to That cute couple....i'm wondering if the Manga actually have a real ending??
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:05 am Reply with quote
It's most likely completely over and done with, and it sounds like they did the exact same thing with Outlaw Star... They put a big TO BE CONTINUED on the last episode. Unfortunatly it really was over, and Angel Links stepped up and took over the same world in which OLS was based in... It's sad and very unfortunate to see such good series have to finally be put to sleep Anime cry
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:34 am Reply with quote
Maclam wrote:
....i'm wondering if the Manga actually have a real ending??

Good guess. Since manga is still being serialized and ongoing, anime producers / screenwriters can't conclude the story. Either they'll put a big spoiler or force the manga-ka to change the plot. Refer to my old post for more info.

spoiler[Everyone (myself included) thought Aoi and Kaoru finally did "it" in ep 9 (even a different ED theme song was specially made for ep 9), but in manga they were interrupted, and it was NOT due to some funny, comedic reason.

Remember Miyabi mentioned she may have some problems to be dealt with? Nothing came out at the end of Enishi, 'cause it's probably hidden till the next season/OVA. It's probably related to the emerging new heir of Hababishi family, described in manga (volume 12, IIRC).]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I have as of now lost faith that anything will ever be accomplished in this storyline. The "I like him... but I’m embarrassed" storyline is getting old in my opinion. If this was never made into a dating sim it is missing a fine opportunity.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
aoie_emesai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Well yes it ends quite, lets say strange, really no conclusion and lets say "keeps you guessing for more". But i didn't minded that it ended like that, it's not an anime that could interest me for more then 20 mins.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Although I would be perfectly happy if there was another season or OVA to continue the story, the last episode of the second season did have the look and feel of an anime series ending, considering the shots shown during the song at the end.

So far the U.S. release of the manga has only progressed through vol. 5 (vol. 6 is due in a week or two), but since the anime has followed pretty close to the manga so far I will be quite interested to see where it goes once it gets beyond the end of the second season.

As far as Kaoru and Aoi doing "it," I was kinda under the impression that they had crossed that line in episode 23 of the first season.

Although this season was rather drama-deprived, I did pick out two favorite moments in the final volume: spoiler[Mayu actually expressing concern over the possibility that Tina was leaving, and Tina overhearing Kaoru whisper "Aoi-chan" after kissing him in his sleep and not being surprised by it. They were definitely implying in the final volume that she was starting to catch on, even if the others weren't.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
It's most likely completely over and done with, and it sounds like they did the exact same thing with Outlaw Star... They put a big TO BE CONTINUED on the last episode.

Um, you did see the rest of that final episode right? You know there was an epilogue to it?

(If you didn't, you might want to get the Outlaw Star Volume 3 DVD and watch it.)
Maclam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:38 am Reply with quote
i dont think Aoi was ever embarrased of her love for Kaoru... but for some family matters she had to hide her love and passion for him in public...In fact Aoi is quite the bold type... if you remember how she jumped on Kaoru in the first DVD of the first Season

Also... i've watch the intro song of the second Season Enishi many many many times....and i've notice a few scene such as Miss Miyaby Holding Aoi in her arms when she was still a baby... but somehow i haven't seen this scene in any episode at all...

Anyway I have to say the ending keeps me very unsatisfied... but this serie is still one of my most cherished one Smile
deathbringer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:54 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
As far as Kaoru and Aoi doing "it," I was kinda under the impression that they had crossed that line in episode 23 of the first season.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did. I'd be really surprised if they didn't do another season of Ai Yori Aoshi. It's just a matter of time.
Pessimistic Angel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quote
There was a good deal of charcter maturity for Tina. And... maybe that was the point of the entire seires.

Maybe
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1