• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you ever draw your own anime? or character?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REIKO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quote
Hello, i'm new here and from China!
Get to the point, have you ever created your own anime character or drew your own anime comic, if have? care to share?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:55 am Reply with quote
I have attempted to create my own characters, only one of them, but it was literary a 5 min doodle. i have 10000 ideas in my head. all about samurais, witches, wizards, vigilantes. the only real hard part about drawing an anime characters is getting the head and hair the way you want it, its all down hill from there.

-how about you REIKO, have you drawn any anime characters?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:22 am Reply with quote
I don't know if these pics will show or not, most likley not, but anyway...

Some of my characters:

I've been working on a comic idea for the past 5 years, and am still far from actually drawing the comic. I'm confident though that eventually I'll do it. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

My comic is going to have a scotish/english Victorian era setting, and will be based a lot of celtic and druid myths.
Innotech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:18 am Reply with quote
http://innotech.deviantart.com

I drew too many characters of my own to list in here. A lot of htem are generic looking, but they were practice. They still arent in any anime, but I have named a few of htem.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:38 am Reply with quote
Being an animation majour, I guess it's something of a requisite to have a few story ideas, which naturally means I also have a fair share of character concepts, as well. However, aside from one of my story ideas (which is my own interpretation of Gundam and purely a personal pet project), none of them could be considered exclusively "anime." For the sake of actually getting them produced some day, they could really go either way between anime & Western-styled (though I would prefer anime, naturally).

And unfortunately, short of a few doodles, I don't have any of these characters actually drawn out yet...they're all still in my head as of this moment. Though once I finish my Character & Object Design class (term ends early-mid December), I intend to use that break to try and put a few of them down on paper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
Well here is the link to my deviantART account - http://darkstar949.deviantart.com/ - I really don't have much in there yet, but I do try to keep it up to date with what I am working on in my sketch pad (check the scraps section)

Right now I am still trying to refine my technique before moving on to my own characters, so I am still doing alot of fanart.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Some of my characters:

Those are awesome. I'd kill to know how to draw. I guess I need to sit down and study how.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Quote:
Some of my characters:

Those are awesome. I'd kill to know how to draw. I guess I need to sit down and study how.

Thanks for the compliment. Anime smile
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I agree. You are a great artist, littlegreenwolf. Smile

I am a tracer, though. I can look at a picture and reproduce the style, but I'm poor at my own anime art.

About the best I can do on my own is giant robots and drawing out various items. If I come up with something, I might post it. Smile
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:

Cool pic. I wish I had talent to draw something like this. Unfortunately that will never be. Crying or Very sad
REIKO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:43 am Reply with quote
Thank you for replying, i'm not good with words. Your drawing is great, littlegreenwolf. its sort of mysterious looking!!
perfectwords, i have drawn before alot of characters, i have also thought of drawing my own comic, but usually i stop half-way, too lazy.('Laughing')
I'm not good at drawing boys though. The body.
My friends always say the girls i drew, their boobs are really big.('Rolling Eyes') Not that i want it to be that way!
I just hope 1 day maybe i'll be able to see 1 of our artwork, won't it be cool!!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
REIKO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:48 am Reply with quote
shellbullet, it doesn't have to be really good at drawing. Even if its simple, as long as you got the perfect story, it'll be a sellout!!
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:38 am Reply with quote
REIKO has a great point. Smile

If you want to see a successful cartoon that started out with bad artwork, take a look at Mark "Webrunner" Shallow's Adventurers.

The first panels are crude, but he's improved a lot in style and especially coloring over the years.

Nowadays, he's drawing or is involved in a lot of popular webcomics.

If you want to seriously get into comics/manga to start, start small. Find a place that allows you to publish online artwork and webcomics, and just post something. Preserve, even if it doesn't look like anyone is reading it. Who knows?

(I would like to do a webcomic myself, even have the story and the art planned, and I'm not that great at line art. But, the real world right now keeps me from doing that. Maybe in a month or so, I just might get space and try it...)
REIKO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks... Gloryquester.
How do you do a webcomic anyway? I'm not good with the computer. do you just scan in your artwork or you really colour and draw it online, how is that so??
Hey, if you can, do you think you can include me somehow?
By the way, can you guys don't type my name caps locked, it kind of sound sacrastic, though it was me who type it like this... sorry...'Sad'
Acolyte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I guess I can answer "yes" to this question. I love to doodle and draw, but never seriously tried to develope my skills. Even as I sit here, I have paper in front of me, and I draw as I read. Closest I've ever gotten was doing a one panel comic for my high school paper.

I'm good at imagining characters, I can develope them in my head. But try to put them on paper *yeeks Confused *, there seems to be a major disfunction between my head, and my hand. I can NEVER make them look right. Drives me nuts!!

I'm better at story-lines, than at art (littlegreenwolf, if you don't take and do something with your talent I think somebody ought to slap you with a giant paper fan -- like the one Kaname Chidori uses in FMP --- that's supposed to be a compliment by the way Cool )

What I like to do is write out story-lines in novel style and imagine the action in my mind: internal anime, as it were. I'll lay in bed at night as I drift off into sleep and let the camera in my mind roll on; you get the best stuff that way! (and, NO, it's not hentai stuff either Rolling Eyes ).

I've got a couple of stories going now, one horror, one or two sci-fi, an all girl mercenary team, so forth and so on. Now....., I just need an artist..............*ahem* ooooooh littlegreenwoooooolllf.... Wink

One prime ingriedient I lack though (beisdes artistic ability) is courage; I don't have the guts to try, never have. The cowardly lion from "The Wizard of Oz" is brave compared to me. So do like Glory Questor says, go for it! Don't be content to sit on the sidelines like me Sad .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4