• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
which manga do you think deserves an anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted because a lot of manga titles are getting popular, but for some reason, none of them have an anime in the works. So what manga do you think derserve an anime?
ReaKon

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
I know it is really soon as the manga is relatively new, but I would love to see Ultimo released as an anime. I believe it is one of those series that would work better with colour and movement, given the significance of colour and the long complicated battles. With robot type battles, I sometimes get confused with what is going on, anime tends to mitigate this issue by adding more definition and contrasting colours.

Apologies if the above doesn't make sense, I am not the best at writing. I excel more in logic.

Do you have any series you'd like turned into anime Lizzie_B?
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote
I think High School Debut would make a nice anime. It's well written and entertaining, and I could see it working well.
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
If I had been 10 years younger I'd have killed for Red River adaptation. Female chosen one vs the rest of the world with her prince by his side- perfect topic for time of Sailor Moon. Now it's a bit too late- I wonder if anyone could adapt this seriously, but vintage gem Hanasakeru Seishounen gave me a hope.
Neokitty

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Red river, I would also add Parasyte.
wrathborne

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Parasyte definitelly.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why a Hana Kimi anime was never made. It's still popular to this day if the fact that it has now had two live action dramas is anything to go by. Why no anime?
Yerocha

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
It's probably a little late for a 20th Century Boys adaptation, so right now I most want an anime of Liar Game.
swienke

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quote
I'd really enjoy an anime adaptation of Code: Breaker. Yeah, it's kind of typical shonen, but it's still a fun series and does just enough differently to make it interesting. Now if only the actual writing would improve...
anime racket

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
I wish someone would adapt the rest of Spiral: The bonds of reasoning
into an anime. It's just criminal that we have yet to see Hizumi in
anime form. Besides there is plenty of potential action-detective
scenes for another season.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
I've thought for awhile that Translucent deserves an anime. It's a touching story, and it would be a shame for it to never get the mass exposure an anime series brings.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Personally, i'd like to anime versions of any famous mangaka's early work
Examples:
Zombie Powder(Tite Kubo)
B. Ichi(Atsushi Okubo)
Codename: Sailor V(Naoko Takeuchi)
Phantom Dream(Natsuki Takaya)
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see an anime of +C Sword and Cornet and Karneval. I feel like they would adapt very well into an anime and I really enjoy both their stories and characters. There are more, but I think those are the two I want the most.

*Edit - The mentioning of Afterschool Nightmare reminded me of another manga I would like to see made into an anime - Afterschool Charisma. This two manga share nothing in common really other than they take place in a school and the both have Afterschool as part of the title. Afterschool Charisma is about a school full of clones of famous people and the main character is the one student attending the school who is not a clone. spoiler[Or so it seems at first. Right now we are being lead to believe he is a clone.]

Last edited by kimbeey13 on Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
yamata no orochi

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Preferably by Gainax, although I'd take Bones as well.

Otherwise, After School Nightmare would make a pretty neat modern counterpoint to Utena, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind--if the whole manga were adapted into a long TV series--would be amazing.

Also, part of me wants Onani Master Kurosawa to be made into an OVA or something. But I know that it will never happen.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
This seems like a pretty common topic, since I think I have answered this before...

Yotsuba&! all the way, this would be so darn cute, funny, and just a really good show.

I kind of want to smack Azuma upside the head for not letting anybody make it. He said something like "nobody would get it", cause of all the inaction parts of the story. However they did make Lucky Star, and there really is not too much action in that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5