• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Iria - Zeiram dvd

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
i have found at one of my local stores, a Iria - Zeiram box set that is in a metal tin. any one know if it is a boot or legit?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Well it's hard to tell with just the information that it is in a tin, but yes, the Iria box set does come in a tin case.

Here is the Media Blasters page on it.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The tin-cased Iria set that I have (which I bought from a reputable store) has a picture of Iria and Zeiram on the front and an alien landscape on the back. It also has bar coding and normal DVD case info on the back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
i have 1 last question...as i have seen the link above, i was told only a "limited edition" has the tin?
is this the same thing?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
i have 1 last question...as i have seen the link above, i was told only a "limited edition" has the tin?
is this the same thing?

I believe it is. I know that one post on that page refers to a "limited edition", but it's actually a collector's edition, which is different. The tin box set is what is being sold on Rightstuf, and I have seen it in several local stores, including Fry's (big electronics chain) so it can't be too "limited" if that's what it's supposed to be.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Perfectsword wrote:
is this the same thing?

I believe it is. I know that one post on that page refers to a "limited edition", but it's actually a collector's edition, which is different. The tin box set is what is being sold on Rightstuf, and I have seen it in several local stores, including Fry's (big electronics chain) so it can't be too "limited" if that's what it's supposed to be.

so...it is the same, just that they wrote down "collectors Edition" rather than "limited edition"?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:

so...it is the same, just that they wrote down "collectors Edition" rather than "limited edition"?

Yeah, limited edition is when they make only so many, and then no more. Collectors Edition is just a fancy way of saying you get a nice case or some other extra. And then of course there are limited collectors editions, but this isn't one of them.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote
ok thanks alot...im just going to but it i guss....i probally will never see it on tv. so "cha ching" *mine*. by the way, what did you think of iria?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Putting me on the spot there. It's been a long time since I last saw it. I thought the characters were quite likable, the action was pretty cool too. It's worth the buy IMO.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Putting me on the spot there. It's been a long time since I last saw it. I thought the characters were quite likable, the action was pretty cool too. It's worth the buy IMO.

KK... danke.
bnewhall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Chiming in here: I love Iria. Great space opera. Good action, good characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
For a show over 10 years old Iria stands up better than most, the animation is still fresh and crisp the charecters are well developed and compleat, even the action sequences are well designed.

Of course, I do enjoy Iria more than alot of others, hence taking my name from it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Golgo13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I liked it, but the English dub is beyond terrible.

To tell the truth, I actually liked MTV's Liquid Television's Ultra City 6060 parody dub they did on that show.

Going a bit off topic, but does anyone else remember the animes parodied in Ultra City 6060? I can only remember Iria and Space Miners.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I just got the dvd and watched and now feel the need to exprese my opinion about it. i thought the story line was aswom, animetion aswom but a little sketchy , the only problem with it was the occasional very small lip flap. it did come with a metal tin

thanks kazuki-san and all those who replied.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1