• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Voltron - Coming to dvd?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcwortley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:26 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew if voltron was ever gonna come out on dvd? Well thanks for your time.. and have a nice day!!
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:56 am Reply with quote
As of now, World Events Productions is working on releasing the series on R1 DVD. No idea when vol. 1 comes out.

The Australians are lucky, though - as Madman Entertainment has just released Voltron on R4 DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
AHZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:51 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
As of now, World Events Productions is working on releasing the series on R1 DVD. No idea when vol. 1 comes out.

The Australians are lucky, though - as Madman Entertainment has just released Voltron on R4 DVD.

That's good news for all of us Voltron fans. I've also heard that there is a new series being created as well. That may have just been a rumor, but until then I may have to move to Australia for a little while. Wink
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope that they decide against making a live-action Voltron. (Critics would dismiss it as a Power Rangers knockoff, when vice versa is true anyway.)
AyatoKamina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:41 am Reply with quote
Will they be releasing the series in order? Or is it only the lion force voltron being release? I miss the original Voltron with all the cars making it up was pretty cool show!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
AHZ wrote:
I've also heard that there is a new series being created as well. That may have just been a rumor

Not a rummor, it's slated for a Fall 2005 release. Check out VoltronForce.com for the info and some great looking art. I hope the don't get too cheesy on the toys, I'm already having to pass on the Toynami Voltron. Sad

AyatoKamina wrote:
Will they be releasing the series in order? Or is it only the lion force voltron being release? I miss the original Voltron with all the cars making it up was pretty cool show!

WEP says that when the do the DVDs they're doing it all so no worries!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
hopefully it will be an uncut/uncensored version. "Sphen fell into the water.."(?!?) gimme a fricken break. Rolling Eyes
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't think power rangers ripped from voltron. There's some show that's diff every season in Japan that is where power rangers came from. That's why there are so many diff versions of power rangers here in the US - zeo and ninja storm and all that stuff. I think the most current one is Dekaranger in Japan. But, I think this series has been going on for longer than Voltron. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Whatever, Voltron still kicks!

I hope they don't show any more of the 3D voltron. I ran across a vhs tape of this CG voltron show at Kay B toys a few years ago, and bought it for $1.99, but it wasn't any good. Nothing beats the original.

What's the deal with lance/sven/alura - who were the original pilots, and why did it seem like they switched off?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
What's the deal with lance/sven/alura - who were the original pilots, and why did it seem like they switched off?

I honestly don't know why Keith wears red and pilots the Black Lion, why Lance wears blue, but pilots the Red Lion, or why Sven wears black and piloted the Blue Lion, and if I did know I've long forget, but they are the original pilots for those lions. The only switch that was made was Sven getting injured (killed in the Japanese version) and being replaced by Allura who wears pink in the Blue Lion.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought I remember Sven piloting for Lance in the Red lion for some reason... hmmm...
I'll take your word for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1