• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Poll: Which Anime Characters Should Form a Musical Duo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
LOL I never even thought of Goku and Luffy singing together before Laughing Seeing Haruhi and Konata doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance together would be awesome too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
oh, okay. When I saw the article begin with "Poll:" I thought ANN was holding this poll, which made me think What the Zarking Farkwarks* were the ANN editorial staff drinking when they came up with this?

But if it's from "mobile sites of the karaoke brand Joysound" I can understand and laugh with ANN and not at them.

What a bloody useless, if humorous, poll

*Yes, I am currently doing a listen of various H2G2 audio books and radio plays... so I guess the answer to my question would have been "Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
This is quite a thought provoking poll.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
Seeing Haruhi and Konata doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance together would be awesome too!

Of course, what would make that very interesting (assuming that they actually went and formed a musical duo) is the fact that it's the same voice actress for both...
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
oh, okay. When I saw the article begin with "Poll:" I thought ANN was holding this poll, which made me think What the Zarking Farkwarks* were the ANN editorial staff drinking when they came up with this?

But if it's from "mobile sites of the karaoke brand Joysound" I can understand and laugh with ANN and not at them.

*Yes, I am currently doing a listen of various H2G2 audio books and radio plays... so I guess the answer to my question would have been "Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters"

XDD Man dude, chill. It's just a poll. No need to be all serious business.

Gintoki and Hijikata?! XDD Yeah if they don't kill each other first.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
Mio/Iwasawa would be most excellent I think.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
Shizuo would rather kill Izaya than form a duet with him...much rather Anime hyper

Luffy and Goku would be an epic combo though. Although for some reason, the only way I can imagine them singing together is with a pint of beer in their hands and looking positively drunk...
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
Oh my. A Gintoki-Hijikata duet? Man that would be entertaining! Tomokazu Sugita has an absolutely hilarious singing voice, and just imagining Kazuya Nakai singing makes me grin =D
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
These would all be sights to see, but truth be told, I'd rather see Haruhi and Konata team up to sing GOD KNOWS or Sailor-fuku. Lol.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote
While Netsuai S-O-S! is sung by the seiyuu who voice Izaya and Shizuo, I have a hard time imagine them singing the song in-character. ^^;;

And wow, "Tabidachi no Hi ni" was one of the songs sung during graduation when I taught in elementary school. Very touching song.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
InnocentSorrow59 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Anime hyperD Man dude, chill. It's just a poll. No need to be all serious business.

Sorry. Read the disclaimer (and read HItch-hikers for a full understanding), whenever I partake in Douglas Adams prose I end up thinking in sharp and sometimes bitter sarcasm. I'm chilled, in fact I'm a perfectly hoopy frood. I'm up to here with chilled, okay? I'm so amazingly chilled you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 am Reply with quote
You're so amazingly chilled that you defend yourself and state that you're "chilled" three times?

Very chill behavior indeed.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
Haruhi and K-On! could work as musical duo. I would love to see that. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
You're so amazingly chilled that you defend yourself and state that you're "chilled" three times?

Very chill behavior indeed.

This guy really doesn't know where his towel is. Wink
The last two mentions were a paraphrased quote from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. the original quote uses the word "cool."

I knew I should have put in another footnoote. The kids these days just don't recognize classic literature Smile

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Actually, I was kinda thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem sufficiently journalistic for a news site like ANN, so I wasn't surprised to find a different site held the poll.

SaiyanHero16 wrote:
LOL I never even thought of Goku and Luffy singing together before too!

Have you ever heard Luffy sing? It's freakin' amazing, it really caught me off guard. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2