• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
C simulcasting...only for ANN Aus?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batou37

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I was just looking over on the premium section of the video pages, and at the bottom it mentioned that both Tiger and Bunny and C are going to be available for simulcast for ANN Aus users...is that going to be available for U.S./U.K. members as well? If I missed an announcement or something I apologize and please lock the thread.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's a noitaminA show, it should by streamed by Funimation, Funimation streams it's shows on Hulu and ANN has been porting many shows from Hulu. So it, and AnoHano, should be here as well. However Funimation has a bad habit of not announcing their streams until the last moment or until after the first episodes air and they two episodes the second week.

I wonder if they're being wary of some content they think has no chance to sell. I never did hear exactly why CR got Hourou Musuko/ Wandering Son and Funimation never even mentioned it.

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
They're licensed in Australia by Siren Visual who have formed an arrangement with ANN to stream these series. So, yes, until someone picks up the US or UK licenses, only Aus viewers can see them. If you think that's rough, spare a thought for us here in Oz. They're just about the only things we can see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
batou37

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
No don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining and I am glad you get to see it. I was just a bit excited thinking maybe it would be shown here for R1 as well with a pay for HD simulcast format like Oriemo had. I know it is a different company and if it is streamed it will most likely be by funimation, I would just much rather it be here for the much better video quality, even if I had to pay. Hulu has such poor quality for anime video, especially when you are fullscreening it on a T.V.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
Andrew Partridge hinted before that one of the UK AoD simulcasts would be from "a JP TV block that is rarely, if ever, simulcast in the UK" - which almost certainly refers to noitaminA since the only simulcast we've had so far has been Hourou Musuko - all the FUNimation streams have been North America only. They are due to announce the last titles this week, which will almost certainly be Blue Exorcist and one of the noitaminA titles, probably C. I would be surprised if FUNimation didn't also announce their simulcast of C soon, although AnoHana might be up in the air (if CrunchyRoll's page can be believed then AnoHana is being distributed by Aniplex like Hourou Musuko, not FTN, although that doesn't necessarily mean that FUNi won't be streaming it).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
As good as the intentions behind this three-way division of streaming services may be, it can only be expected that fans will take notice of the principle differences between each region's service, as is the case here.

To kerb any disappointment, it would be reassuring to learn how efforts are being taken to homogenise the ANN streaming experience from one geographical zone to the next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I have read that FUNi's agreement with the Noitamina block ended with the close of the Winter 2011 season. Has anyone seen anything official to back that up? Or even better if anyone has anything official that refutes it?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
All I've seen is people assuming that the contract was only for a year - the original announcement was a year ago:
animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-04-15/funimation-enters-simulcast-agreement-with-fuji-tv
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1