• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
End of Evangelion animation cels?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellow ledbetter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anybody knew if it were possible to find authentic cels from the End of Evangelion movie. I know that they released 16 reproduction cels of the original series in very limited quantity, but I've been unable to find any information about cels released from EoE. Since I haven't seen anything denying it, it sort of makes me believe that it is possible. I ask because I recently found somebody selling one that I was interested in buying but since I know about the cels from the series I was a little cautious. I'm trying to find more information before I spend the dough to get it.

Does anybody know for certain?
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this is 100% accurate but I think I've heard some mention of the original series cels. Just like you mentioned they were released in SUPER limited quantity and I believe they only went to family members or people that worked on the show. Chances are fi you see one for sale it's either going to be in the thousands of dollars or it's a fake.

I've heard nothing of EoE cels but my guess is it's the same deal as the original series or even more rare. I'd do some google research if I were you, assuming you have not.
yellow ledbetter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've done a bit of searching on google and haven't been able to come up with anything. All I find is more information about the cells from the original series.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote
All I know is that Eva cells were ONLY given out to people at Gainax, pretty much. Also, I read somewhere that Robin Williams owns some authentic ones because he loves the show too.

They've made lots of replicas, but I'd say it's nearly impossible to find authentic ones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1