• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay: Digimon's Seraphimon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
Fairly involved looking cosplay, rather awesome.

Though it seems as though the costume is caricaturing him, with it "swallowing" his head. Is the character supposed to look like this, or is it just a proportioning issue?

It'd be nice if there were a "full frontal" (UC reference, had to) shot of the costume (thank you kindly) so that we could compare it to the reference shot entirely. You can't see his legs, though I'd bet the lower portion of the costume as is well-labored as the top.

I just imagine the damage that those large wings will take, and give. They'll smack everything, and regrettably break in the process. My rather dark prediction. Also, I remember seeing a Dark Mousey cosplayer with similarly huge wings do just that. It was like slapstick comedy, but I felt pretty bad about the whole thing.
gothung

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ooo... very nice. What is this? Is it vacuum forming + foam sections? The undersides and edges of the armor look like they have some kind finishing layer glued/wrapped around a base.

Gotta agree with Echo_City though, what's with some of these shots? This one looks like they caught the poor guy in the middle of his break, helmet off, standing around. And no full body shot means we can't see the rest of that awesome looking costume.

I lol'd once I realized that his wings were bolted to essentially a giant metal plate strapped to his back, but realistically, that was probably the only feasible ways to execute the wings without getting really expensive/high-tech.

Aww... the more I look at the picture the more I pick out little things... he's missing his upper arm gray plate covers too. And his wings are getting beat/bent up too.
nynextew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
gothung wrote:
Ooo... very nice. What is this? Is it vacuum forming + foam sections? The undersides and edges of the armor look like they have some kind finishing layer glued/wrapped around a base.

Gotta agree with Echo_City though, what's with some of these shots? This one looks like they caught the poor guy in the middle of his break, helmet off, standing around. And no full body shot means we can't see the rest of that awesome looking costume.

I lol'd once I realized that his wings were bolted to essentially a giant metal plate strapped to his back, but realistically, that was probably the only feasible ways to execute the wings without getting really expensive/high-tech.

Aww... the more I look at the picture the more I pick out little things... he's missing his upper arm gray plate covers too. And his wings are getting beat/bent up too.

Even though I agree with your statement, I still consider this to be a better cosplay than some others featured on ANN
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Even though I agree with your statement, I still consider this to be a better cosplay than some others featured on ANN

I don't think anyone would deny that. I certainly would not.

Though these "Daily Cosplay" articles are from very scattered dates. I saw one taken at a Katsukon, and was wondering how I didn't see it...until I saw that the date was from several years ago.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's a pretty complicated-looking cosplay. Hats off to this gentleman for a competent execution.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 am Reply with quote
Wait, I don't remember the movie specifically but I'm fairly certain that mega was the fourth form. The champion level Angemon evolved first into the ultimate form, MagnaAngemon, which in turn would have evolved to Seraphimon. Unless it was different in the movie?

(Oh god. Why do I know this!?)

Great costume though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1