• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What ever happend to Blue Sub 6???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nefron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quote
I know that Blue Sub went off the air after its 6th episode or so but why......I meen it was a good Anime, dose any one think that it might have to do with the funding they needed for the show or was there only thoughs episodes to be realesd????
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote
Uh, there's only 4 episodes in Blue Sub. #6. Besides, I think this is just a "test run" of how Gonzo might do when they create their own series.
Nefron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
[quote="darkchibi07"]Uh, there's only 4 episodes in Blue Sub. #6. Besides, I think this is just a "test run" of how Gonzo might do when they create their own series.[/quote]

Thnx for correcting me .......But any way, dont you think when they realesd the show and when they got people into it they just cut it off, thats kinda mest up, I meen I was gettin into likeing the show and all then when I went to watch it some day "cant remember, to long ago" and it wasnt on...... I was P*st..... I meen what di you think of it ???
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
It was specifically written to last four episodes, so it ended at four episodes. That's how a lot of OVAs (and TV series) are. They end when the story requires it, and not when they're so dragged out & bloated by fan/executive demand that they're no longer that quality production they started as (there are exceptions to this...Kenshin, DBZ, etc., but for the most part this is the case).

And because people in this country aren't exactly used to shows ending properly in one or two seasons (or indeed four to six episodes), you begin to hear absurd demands like "more Cowboy Bebop!" or "more Hellsing!" or "more FLCL!".

Or at least that's how I've always viewed it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I've heard this show is pretty good, is it out on DVD?
Yoshball

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Yes, its out. Not very good extras, though.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Yoshball wrote:
Yes, its out. Not very good extras, though.

And the DVD release REALLY sucks. I mean c'mon one episode per DVD at a cost of $29.99. There's no way I'm going to buy that (I'm not sure I want to buy the boxset either Confused ).
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And the DVD release REALLY sucks. I mean c'mon one episode per DVD at a cost of $29.99. There's no way I'm going to buy that (I'm not sure I want to buy the boxset either Confused ).

Then buy it elsewhere. I bought the special edition DVD boxset last month at BestBuy for only $18.95 ($17.59 plus $1.36 tax; free shipping) when they had a special anime DVD discount. The only disappointing thing is Disc 1 & 2 are in DVD-8 format (single layer, double sided, NO LABELING on either side), not the most common DVD-9 format (double layer, single sided, allow labeling on one side), so you have to flip the disc after each episode.

This info should be in Retail forum, by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:43 am Reply with quote
Nefron wrote:
I know that Blue Sub went off the air after its 6th episode or so but why......I mean it was a good Anime, dose any one think that it might have to do with the funding they needed for the show or was there only thoughs episodes to be realesd????

Have you ever watched it yourself? It ends where it ends, end of story. It was based on a novel IIRC, and that was how it ended, and that's how the anime ends.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:19 am Reply with quote
I loved Blue Sub #6. It reminded me of The Island of Dr. Moreau. It just takes a while to get used to the computer graphics they animated with. As to it being cut short, I think it ended perfectly, right where it should of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1